Welcome, Guest

 or  Register
NewsFeed

Hurricane Florence
#31
(09-07-2018, 02:27 PM)Rick Farias Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 01:43 PM)Cryptic Mole Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 01:32 PM)Rick Farias Wrote: The vast majority of runs in the latest ensemble coming from the European model folks have it hitting between SC and south Jersey

NYC here. This could never be as bad as Sandy was!
NJ coast and Staten Island where I live were devastated!

The GFS (American model) I saw yesterday had it hugging the Jersey coast up to NYC before it curved east and crossed LI.

Coast hugger =heavy rain maker. I wish these things would just hit and run.
"Perhaps the greatest myth being purveyed,
is that myths are just myths." - Michael Tsarion

Reply Share
#32
This is gonna be a bad one guys. Some shear happening was hopefully going to weaken her some and make her more disorganized... didnt do much at all tears

So PLEASE, any fringers on the east coast, pay very close attention.

Oh! And something I learned the other night during Gordon, from my local Weather guy... I asked him why the track had not been updated despite the obvious move north that the storm took. He said that though updates come out every few hours, they only update the track every SIX! Which stunned the hell out of me! To live where I do and not know that floored me.

So take note of the time when an updated track comes out. Especially as it nears landfall. Because you may not get an updated one before it hits

[Image: PHSu2dk.jpg]
Aquarius, Frigg, MysticPizza  likes this!
Reply Share
#33
Hurricane guys on the weather channel now say the models show a 70% chance that it will hit the east coast somewhere.. Only 30% of the spaghetti models show it veering north before it gets here


Reply Share
#34
I'm doing my prep shopping tomorrow. Luckily,I live on a hill and our part of town is one of the few parts of the county that doesn't get flooded. Not much wind damage either.Losing electricity is the biggest deal I think. Well, except that my bedroom is right next to an open field and when Matthew came through,he made himself known Hiding3
"Perhaps the greatest myth being purveyed,
is that myths are just myths." - Michael Tsarion

Reply Share
#35
(09-07-2018, 08:23 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: I'm doing my prep shopping tomorrow. Luckily,I live on a hill and our part of town is one of the few parts of the county that doesn't get flooded. Not much wind damage either.Losing electricity is the biggest deal I think. Well, except that my bedroom is right next to an open field and when Matthew came through,he made himself known  Hiding3

You just reminded me. I have to restock on propane.
Lower Frequencies on a Higher Plane
Reply Share
#36
Stay clean AND save your water for drinking/cooking. I use these on my patients:

McKesson Disposable Washcloths
https://www.amazon.com/McKesson-StayDry%...B00QS6XFZC

No Rinse shampoo
https://www.amazon.com/No-Rinse-Shampoo-...ampoo&th=1
Reply Share
#37
(09-07-2018, 09:12 PM)Shore Skeptic Wrote: Stay clean AND save your water for drinking/cooking. I use these on my patients:

McKesson Disposable Washcloths
https://www.amazon.com/McKesson-StayDry%...B00QS6XFZC

No Rinse shampoo
https://www.amazon.com/No-Rinse-Shampoo-...ampoo&th=1

Not bad ideas, either one. After years of dry-camping, we've got several collapsible 5gal water jugs. I remember waaay back, I had one of those common childhood diseases. My mom used some type of powder shampoo and brushed it out. So this stuff is liquid?
Lower Frequencies on a Higher Plane
MysticPizza  likes this!
Reply Share
#38
(09-07-2018, 10:20 PM)Red Auroras Wrote:
(09-07-2018, 09:12 PM)Shore Skeptic Wrote: Stay clean AND save your water for drinking/cooking. I use these on my patients:

McKesson Disposable Washcloths
https://www.amazon.com/McKesson-StayDry%...B00QS6XFZC

No Rinse shampoo
https://www.amazon.com/No-Rinse-Shampoo-...ampoo&th=1

Not bad ideas, either one. After years of dry-camping, we've got several collapsible 5gal water jugs. I remember waaay back, I had one of those common childhood diseases. My mom used some type of powder shampoo and brushed it out. So this stuff is liquid?

Yes it is. Yeah3
Reply Share
#39
Chuckle I feel pretty prepared, just in case. On the other hand, I've got a grandbaby with a due date of this Sunday. Now you watch her take her sweet time deciding when to rear her head. And that bItch Florence decides to roll right up Chesapeake Bay. On the upside, gotta RN real handy.
Lower Frequencies on a Higher Plane
Reply Share
#40
(09-07-2018, 10:25 PM)Arkansas_Ted Wrote: Who gives a fuck. It's a natural weather occurrence in the tropics. We have to deal with it for living the most of the year in bliss, bliss weather. We take the risk financially. We know the risk. Fuck off with the cry baby shite.

IT'S BORING AND OLD.

We're preparing,not crying. You are correct and since we know when they are coming we can take the time to either prep or get out of the way.
Everyone on this planet lives in an area prone to some type of natural disaster. The thing I prefer about hurricanes is the advanced warning.
"Perhaps the greatest myth being purveyed,
is that myths are just myths." - Michael Tsarion

Reply Share