The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!
Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - Printable Version

+- The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum! (https://the-fringe.com)
+-- Forum: Community Area (https://the-fringe.com/forum-community_area)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://the-fringe.com/forum-general_discussion)
+--- Thread: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny (/thread-lets_make_valentines_day_great_again_too_these_are_funny)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - Karu - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 01:22 AM)Legion Wrote: Some advice is needed from our lovely Fringettes.

I've got the biggest crush on this girl but we're from different worlds ... sigh. (Her sister knows & always has a 'I know but you don't know that I know' smirk)
She's single but she keeps me at arms length behind a facade of indifference. I'm a realist .... sigh.

She's a real sweetheart & I intend to send her flowers, anonymously, just to let her know that she's special.

What are your intentions? Are you looking for a mate for life?...or just for the night?

RE: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - Nekro - 01-29-2019

(01-29-2019, 02:51 PM)MysticPizza Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:22 AM)Legion Wrote: Some advice is needed from our lovely Fringettes.

I've got the biggest crush on this girl but we're from different worlds ... sigh. (Her sister knows & always has a 'I know but you don't know that I know' smirk)
She's single but she keeps me at arms length behind a facade of indifference. I'm a realist .... sigh.

She's a real sweetheart & I intend to send her flowers, anonymously, just to let her know that she's special.

What do I write on the card girls?

Your name. Seriously. Be honest. "i'd love to take you to dinner sometime."
Leave it at that-ball is in her court.

@Legion

If you dont put ur name you leave open for her to interpret that it may have been someone else who sent it. Or worse another guy takes credit for it. Sign your name... one thing I have learned is dont leave it up to another woman to figure it out. Drinks

RE: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - sevenx - 01-29-2019

What do I write on the card girls?

Even though we're from different worlds; you brighten mine.
I'd love to take you to dinner.
Happy Valentines Day

***your name***

RE: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - Fossy - 01-29-2019

Be honest and succinct. You’re beautiful and I think of you whenever I see flowers. Happy Valentines Day. Leave it at that and let it percolate in her mind. Send flowers again, 8 days later. Then report back to us. Yeah3 This is so exciting!!

RE: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - Elric - 01-30-2019

(01-29-2019, 01:38 PM)Debauchery Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 02:08 AM)Legion Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:31 AM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: Send her a naked picture of yourself

Jptdknpa

See? That's why I asked the girls.    Facepalm

Chuckle I wish I could help. I'm not a normal girl. Romantical stuff has never worked on me. I don't care about the writing on cards, not at this age anyway.

Give me food and I'm yours.  Chuckle

I give her chocolate all the time. Maybe I'm wearing her down slowly? Scratchinghead

RE: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - Elric - 01-30-2019

(01-29-2019, 04:43 PM)Miscellaneous Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:38 PM)Debauchery Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 02:08 AM)Legion Wrote: Jptdknpa

See? That's why I asked the girls.    Facepalm

Chuckle I wish I could help. I'm not a normal girl. Romantical stuff has never worked on me. I don't care about the writing on cards, not at this age anyway.

Give me food and I'm yours.  Chuckle

Jptdknpa

See I can go either way.
Food is good.
Jewelry works well though
Chuckle
I dont like when I guy is too mushy. It's true.
I had a guy that brought me flowers every week.
I told him to stop.
Every week.
It's not special then.

There was this buffoon who I once had the displeasure of knowing through work. Fat, stupid, one of those people that can't be insulted.

There was this plump ok looking redhead who worked in the ER where we often frequented. David declared upon meeting this girl to another colleague 'I'm going to marry that girl.' We all laughed upon hearing this. The poor girl was no glamour but she could have found better in a homeless shelter.

Once a week for an entire year, David would bring chocolates, flowers or some other token of his affection. The poor girl tried to be polite at first & say things like "Not in this or any other lifetime." Eventually, as he would not take a hint she resorted to chucking his gift in her bin & would say things like "Fuck off David" "Stop stalking me David" "I'll call the police David." David would just chuckle like an imbecile & say "See you next week."

The poor girl became the butt of numerous jokes at her work. After a years onslaught she begged him to leave her alone.
David said that if she went on just one date with him, he promised to leave her alone.
He took her to a Chinese restaurant & before the first course even arrived, he laid out his 'portfolio' of pitiful investments to show his worth, said if she married him she would never have to work a day again in her life, he didn't care if she got fat (He really said this) & all he wanted in return was for her to keep the house clean, cook his meals & have at least two babies (Having babies & keeping house isn't 'work'? Scratchinghead )

A week later she agreed to marry him. Must've been a great Chinese meal. Chuckle

Thank you for all the considerate comments everyone.

Those who are saying to 'go for it', I understand where you're coming from.
Were I in good health I would have asked her out a long time ago. I've lived with a terminal illness for 20 years.

She dislikes smokers & I smoke a pipe (Nope, not giving up my pipe for anyone)

I'm being realistic. Her sister will know that it was me. I just know that she knows. If she has any interest in me she will let me know.

My only intention is to make her feel special, not uncomfortable.

RE: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - -RG- - 01-30-2019

(01-30-2019, 02:32 AM)Legion Wrote: Thank you for all the considerate comments everyone.

Those who are saying to 'go for it', I understand where you're coming from.
Were I in good health I would have asked her out a long time ago. I've lived with a terminal illness for 20 years.

She dislikes smokers & I smoke a pipe (Nope, not giving up my pipe for anyone)

I'm being realistic.  Her sister will know that it was me. I just know that she knows. If she has any interest in me she will let me know.

My only intention is to make her feel special, not uncomfortable.

Best of luck man,,,,

RE: Lets make Valentines Day Great again too. These are funny - Pure Rock fury - 01-30-2019

I am getting my gal a Bass Pro gift card and am putting in new lights in the kitchen. Kind of a romantic like that.

(01-30-2019, 03:50 AM)Miscellaneous Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 02:07 AM)Legion Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 04:43 PM)Miscellaneous Wrote: Jptdknpa

See I can go either way.
Food is good.
Jewelry works well though
Chuckle
I dont like when I guy is too mushy. It's true.
I had a guy that brought me flowers every week.
I told him to stop.
Every week.
It's not special then.

There was this buffoon who I once had the displeasure of knowing through work. Fat, stupid, one of those people that can't be insulted.

There was this plump ok looking redhead who worked in the ER where we often frequented. David declared upon meeting this girl to another colleague 'I'm going to marry that girl.' We all laughed upon hearing this. The poor girl was no glamour  but she could have found better in a homeless shelter.

Once a week for an entire year, David would bring chocolates, flowers or some other token of his affection. The poor girl tried to be polite at first & say things like "Not in this or any other lifetime." Eventually, as he would not take a hint she resorted to chucking his gift in her bin & would say things like "Fuck off David" "Stop stalking me David" "I'll call the police David." David would just chuckle like an imbecile & say "See you next week."

The poor girl became the butt of numerous jokes at her work. After a years onslaught she begged him to leave her alone.
David said that if she went on just one date with him, he promised to leave her alone.
He took her to a Chinese restaurant & before the first course even arrived, he laid out his 'portfolio' of pitiful investments to show his worth, said if she married him she would never have to work a day again in her life, he didn't care if she got fat (He really said this) & all he wanted in return was for her to keep the house clean, cook his meals & have at least two babies (Having babies & keeping house isn't 'work'?    Scratchinghead  )

A week later she agreed to marry him. Must've been a great Chinese meal.    Chuckle

That's just depressing to me.
Are they still married?

The last that I heard they were.

Before I left that funeral home, I had the chance to bag him out to the 2nd in charge. He was an embarrassment to work alongside.
Little did I know the weight that my words would carry. He was fired the next week & kicked out of the company unit where he lived.

When I was told I felt terrible for his wife & their new chubby baby. Not that I should have.
He heard of a position vacant on the other side of town but it was too late, the position had been promised to another applicant.
That didn't stop David, he was a real go-getter. With wife & baby in tow, he sat in the managers office weeping like a little girl, begging for the job.
The owner & manager had never felt so embarrassed or seen such a performance. They gave him the job just to shut him up.
It was a much better company so I actually did them a favour, lol.

If she could go along with something so manipulative & shameful, I figured they deserved each other.