The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!
Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses - Printable Version

+- The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum! (https://the-fringe.com)
+-- Forum: Community Area (https://the-fringe.com/forum-community_area)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://the-fringe.com/forum-general_discussion)
+--- Thread: Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses (/thread-competitive_video_gaming_gaining_popularity_on_college_campuses)

Pages: 1 2

Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses - -RG- - 10-12-2018

I guess it was only a matter of time. Nerds need a sport too. Chuckle

The University of North Texas is hoping to become a pioneer in eSports. On Aug. 30, it will open a new practice space called The Nest inside the Media Library.

The Nest will provide a place for teams playing various competitive video games, from Overwatch to League of Legends to Hearthstone, to bone up. Any university student, staff member or faculty member with a simple passion for gaming is also welcome to take one of The Nest's ergonomic green seats.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/unt-invests-200k-in-esports-facility-9778975

RE: Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses - lil red - 10-12-2018

Hey you! Heartflowers

RE: Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses - -RG- - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 07:14 PM)lil red Wrote: Hey you!  Heartflowers

Hey Red!!! Long time no see! How have you been my friend?

RE: Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses - Guest - 10-12-2018

Sounds like a sticky situation. Do they bring their own joysticks, or is it community sticks only?

RE: Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses - -RG- - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 07:21 PM)Guest Wrote: Sounds like a sticky situation. Do they bring their own joysticks, or is it community sticks only?

LOL! Good question.

RE: Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses - lil red - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 07:21 PM)Road Glide Wrote:

Hey Red!!!  Long time no see!  How have you been my friend?

I'm great! Kept the baby overnight Wednesday, forgot how exhausting it is, lol, hope that you are well!

RE: Competitive Video Gaming Gaining Popularity on College Campuses - Guest - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 07:23 PM)Road Glide Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 07:21 PM)Guest Wrote: Sounds like a sticky situation. Do they bring their own joysticks, or is it community sticks only?

LOL!  Good question.

Well, you never know what's going around. I bet the pinball wizard is feeling kind of cheated. Yet, still plays a mean pinball!

(10-12-2018, 07:29 PM)lil red Wrote:

I'm great!  Kept the baby overnight Wednesday, forgot how exhausting it is, lol, hope that you are well!

Good to hear! Yes, doing well on this end. Can't complain, (well I could but no one listens Chuckle )
How's that little one doing? Growing like a weed?

(10-12-2018, 07:34 PM)Road Glide Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 07:21 PM)Road Glide Wrote: Hey Red!!!  Long time no see!  How have you been my friend?

I'm great!  Kept the baby overnight Wednesday, forgot how exhausting it is, lol, hope that you are well!

Good to hear!  Yes, doing well on this end.  Can't complain, (well I could but no one listens  Chuckle )
How's that little one doing?  Growing like a weed?

He had lost a lb. so he's bottle feeding now and being such a little guy he eats every 3 hours so it was a long night, loved having him though, he's adorable! I'd listen to you complain, drinking a beer and nothing better to do tonight, lol.

You don't suppose it was a toss-up, say an archery program or competitive video gaming, and they went with the gaming to appease some political agenda or something?