The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!
almost couldnt afford donuts - Printable Version

+- The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum! (https://the-fringe.com)
+-- Forum: Community Area (https://the-fringe.com/forum-community_area)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://the-fringe.com/forum-general_discussion)
+--- Thread: almost couldnt afford donuts (/thread-almost_couldnt_afford_donuts)

Pages: 1 2 3

almost couldnt afford donuts - FringeDude - 08-09-2018

the local donut shop raised their prices, they said it was after effects of the chinese tariffs thing Eyeroll  1 dozen donut holes last year used to $2.50 and now, its $5.00, a dozen whole donuts of various shapes and flavors used to be $6.00 and now is $14.95. everything, not only bakeries but other food stuffs are getting expensive. i propose stores have a tariff boycott for a week...sort of a defiant revolt.

[Image: Donut3dsmodel001.jpgE2715E48-FB30-468B-A...efault.jpg]

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - BacktotheShadows - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 04:16 PM)SR-25 Wrote: the local donut shop raised their prices, they said it was after effects of the chinese tariffs thing Eyeroll  1 dozen donut holes last year used to $2.50 and now, its $5.00, a dozen whole donuts of various shapes and flavors used to be $6.00 and now is $14.95. everything, not only bakeries but other food stuffs are getting expensive. i propose stores have a tariff boycott for a week...sort of a defiant revolt.

[Image: Donut3dsmodel001.jpgE2715E48-FB30-468B-A...efault.jpg]

Food prices are insane!! Funny how food and gas are not included in inflation numbers...

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - Ravenage - 08-09-2018

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - unclelunatic - 08-09-2018

What does China have to do with Donuts?!

I love donuts! This is true doom!

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - FringeDude - 08-09-2018

maybe making my own using an air fryer might cut costs, but then prepping would take time and money lol

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - unclelunatic - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 04:23 PM)SR-25 Wrote: maybe making my own using an air fryer might cut costs, but then prepping would take time and money lol

Why did you pick the most flavorless donut in your pic?
I'll fix this

[Image: gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg]

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - Hung Likable - 08-09-2018

LMAO. We do import some foods from China, but donuts consist of flour, sugar, fryer-fat, and misc toppings, basically all of which are domestic.

Yes food is getting crazy, but if you believe the tariff line about donuts then you are a wee bit gullible. I learned a long time ago how to grow/buy/cook at home, and pretty much live nicely on about $75 of food purchases per month.

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - Deplorably Nameless - 08-09-2018

I'd love to call your doughnut shop and ask them to explain how the Chinese tariffs affected them.

Are they Chinese or just liberal fools?

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - FringeDude - 08-09-2018

yum yum

[Image: _D.jpg]

RE: almost couldnt afford donuts - Treebeard - 08-09-2018

Hyperinflation is good for the economy, don't you know that by now?
Everyone is getting richer. Bigger numbers is wealth.