The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Is Truth too much?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Its a sort of open question.

I was thinking about CT mostly.

And there is a saturation point.

Many, most here have read a lot.

And at some point one realizes its overwhelming.

Source of unneccessary stress.

I can run out of digits counting imminent doom probabilities.

Maybe there should be more CT on solutions?

My tomato plants have died from being relocated too often.
Never!!

Chuckle
Yes, I do think that there is a CT saturation point. I tend to call it "News Fatigue". What I usually do is turn off my brain for a while. I romp around and try to have some fun because there really is very little that I can do about anything that is going on in the world.

~mc~

(05-14-2017, 01:37 PM)snowglobe Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I do think that there is a CT saturation point. I tend to call it "News Fatigue". What I usually do is turn off my brain for a while. I romp around and try to have some fun because there really is very little that I can do about anything that is going on in the world.

This!

It does get overwhelming .. especially trying to decipher what is true and what is not.

Sometimes I'm like CgTFBpM and go off to a fun thread or log off.
(05-14-2017, 01:41 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-14-2017, 01:37 PM)snowglobe Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I do think that there is a CT saturation point. I tend to call it "News Fatigue". What I usually do is turn off my brain for a while. I romp around and try to have some fun because there really is very little that I can do about anything that is going on in the world.

This!

It does get overwhelming .. especially trying to decipher what is true and what is not.

Sometimes I'm like CgTFBpM and go off to a fun thread or log off.

Exactly!!! I think that the most draining part is sorting through what is true, and what is a lie. At the end of the day there is no one to trust because every source is people who are trying to figure out the same things in an fallible way. 

The only thing left is to enjoy the company of others for a while and trudge on.  Hi5

...without the drama. The drama is a waste of energy.  Facepalm
I find that too.  I'm far behind in hard copy reading.  With every page I read, 400 more show up needing to be read.

Then there's the daily events and news, which are enough in and of themselves.  I do everything, or most things I truly feel I need to do that will make a difference.  Then at a point, its just too much and something different has to be.  Sometimes I turn sideways, and disappear.
Probably too much all things considered.

Truth has become politicized, emotionalized and then rationalized.

Taking the whole 'global warming' issue as an example. Instead of just presenting the raw data it has to be modeled, interpreted, adjusted and etc. During that process people who feel that big oil is naughty and needs to go away take all that raw data, discard what does not fit their needs and adjusts the rest in order to politicize the issue so that they can make big oil go away. It's all rationalized under the banner of 'saving the earth' when it's all just control freaking all over everyone.

As for solutions? I have no clue. My go to solution is the Constitution as the founders actually wrote it.

It allows everyone to live their own lives as they see fit as long as they don't harm others. I'm not talking about being butthurt about someone not using your made up pronoun for whatever it is you feel you are that day but actual harm. You can be whatever made up thing you want to be but you can't enforce that on others who don't care.

My solution comes with a complete 'corporation smack down' kit. They are not people no matter how they change the laws to suit them and with that tool kit the owners are actually responsible for their actions instead of passing the buck to a fiction.
(05-14-2017, 01:27 PM)Johntaraz Wrote: [ -> ]Its a sort of open question.

I was thinking about CT mostly.

And there is a saturation point.

Many, most here have read a lot.

And at some point one realizes its overwhelming.

Source of unneccessary stress.

I can run out of digits counting imminent doom probabilities.

Maybe there should be more CT on solutions?

My tomato plants have died from being relocated too often.

Great Post.

I reached my saturation point a few years ago basically said Fuck It and now I try to avoid getting in online discussions about serious stuff.There's to many probabilities for doom and only a few people who are truthful about thier knowledge of subjects so you get every dick claiming to be an expert or just trolling to get their jollys...I realized that ignorance is truly bliss for most people.

All the info out there is over whelping so I just kinda picked shit that interest me and I stick to those subjects.
I look over the threads. I only read ones that interest me. Then, I browse different news site. Not the MSM. I can usually get the truth after checking multiple sources. Even then, it's difficult.  I try not to live my life through CT sites either. You need to have a life outside the CT world.
(05-14-2017, 01:55 PM)Angry Red Man Wrote: [ -> ]Probably too much all things considered.

Truth has become politicized, emotionalized and then rationalized. 

+1

With emotionalism comes rationalizations and fabrications because it is always idiosyncratic in how its felt and expressed. With it also comes extreme drama during which more fabrications are concocted to justify the abrogation of personal and corporate responsibility. "I can't help how I feel" or "I was just feeling emotional at the time" is often used to cover so many insults to critical thinking as well as to other persons.

Truth is inviolate and not subject to interpretation, facts/reality is another matter entirely.

In short, the drama is perpetuated by people who are either overwhelmed with reality or want to bend it to get their own drama needs met. Those people I want to
Smileyfud  because they obfuscate what really matters. That, and I'm old and cranky and have seen it all before.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8