The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: another year, another loss (safeway monopoly game)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
iam beginning to think its a scam. for 2 years, we have played this game only to lose in utter defeat. the play sheet which looks like the monopoly game board always has at least one more space that needs to be filled in order to submit name into their lottery in hopes of winning the particular prize. shop! play! win! yes, we shop and yes we play..but win? no way. already spent around $345 dollars in buying participating items to receive the tickets to paste onto the game board. last year we spent over 450 dollars. i heard of a few people winning big cash prizes within 3 weeks after game was starting. maybe those people are good friends of employees and receive huge amount of tickets secretly -who knows? but the idea of winning a laptop, bbq set, off road truck or 1 million dollars is an easy lure. and most likely, we will try our luck again next year. Wanker

[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-02-08-at-10.35.04-AM.png]
I don't see a single brand name on there that I have purchased or shopped at with a few that I don't even know.

About the only gambling I do now is online poker at Pogo.com and I've even stopped going there once I downloaded and installed the PokerTH 0.8.3 program that lets me play poker without having to deal with actual people.

I may get back to picking up powerball tickets soon. Then again I may not. It's generally a waste of money with little chance of returns.
woo gambling man. iam too. actually i play slot app games on tablet. they have option of buying more coins with credit card, but i never fall for that trick. thats a good way into getting gamblers addiction. and playing monopoly game is almost like an addiction. you buy more to increase chance at winning..never thinking you might lose

Safeway's aren't doing too good where I'm at. Up the street there is a Krogers chain store and across the street a Safeway and there's always at least twice as many cars in the Kroger lot than Safeway.

And it's usually dead instead too, they only have 1 or 2 registers running. Makes me wonder how they keep the lights on.
You're preaching to the choir, SR  Chuckle
[Image: 20170409_141816.jpg]
I think I've won a few extra game pieces, and an Nickelodian game app for kids, though  Yeah3 Smileyfp

Ooo Im a Guest

My Grandma won a few times over the years @ Safeway. Her biggest were $1000 and $5000.
This is the first year we have ever done the Safeway Monopoly. I always used to give my tickets to the person behind me but this year we decided to try. It was fun the first two weeks but now we are getting mainly duplicates.

BTW- does anyone have a 8M54B? I would love a new laptop.

(04-09-2017, 06:36 PM)Lily Wrote: [ -> ]This is the first year we have ever done the Safeway Monopoly. I always used to give my tickets to the person behind me but this year we decided to try. It was fun the first two weeks but now we are getting mainly duplicates.

BTW- does anyone have a 8M54B? I would love a new laptop.

haha good idea.

Yeah3

SR is on his tablet

Speaking of duplicates, i have over 50. Can safeway exchange for new ones?  Yeah3
My mother plays this crap game/ $.50 off this and that.. "instant winner safeway salt" She has over 500 duplicates now. All spaces are filled other than the winners. 

I made here a cheat sheet with the winning tickets she need to get instead of looking at that stupid game board.  Chuckle

Did you all notice the $1,000,000 is paid out as an annuity with ZERO interest.... So it really costs them nothing and they make money off the winner.
Pages: 1 2 3 4