The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Theresa May calls for early general elections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prime Minister Theresa May has called for a UK general election to be held on June 8.

May says she has only "recently and reluctantly" come to the conclusion that a general election is necessary. 
"Since I became prime minister I have said that there should be no election until 2020, but now I have concluded that the only way to guarantee certainty and stability for the years ahead is to hold this election and seek your support for the decisions I must take."

May added her government has achieved its mandate after the Brexit referendum, saying there can be [i]“no turning back.” [/i]

https://www.rt.com/uk/385135-theresa-may-snap-election/

I've heard rumors of a brexit unwinding, but I'm not from across the pond to have consistent info.
Hitlery Hitlery Hitlery
(04-18-2017, 07:23 AM)Blue Spinach Wrote: [ -> ]Hitlery Hitlery Hitlery

Chuckle
Will she get trumped? Who would her election opponent be?
bad move to call an early election.. It never goes down well in Australia..

No idea who Theresa May would be up against, it's not as entertaining as the American show.. Lol..

maybe Hillary could win in the uk?

Heston1
(04-18-2017, 07:42 AM)Blue Spinach Wrote: [ -> ]bad move to call an early election.. It never goes down well in Australia..

No idea who Theresa May would be up against, it's not as entertaining as the American show.. Lol..

maybe Hillary could win in the uk?

Heston1
Lmao imagine! What a turnout that would be, eh?