The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: the father of the internet has died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Robert Taylor, internet and computer pioneer, dies aged 85

Robert Taylor, who was instrumental in creating the internet and the modern personal computer, has died. He was 85.
Taylor, who had Parkinson’s disease, died on Thursday at his home in the San Francisco peninsula community of Woodside, his son, Kurt Taylor, told the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times.
“Any way you look at it, from kick-starting the internet to launching the personal computer revolution, Bob Taylor was a key architect of our modern world,” Leslie Berlin, a historian at the Stanford University Silicon Valley Archives project, told the New York Times.
In 1961, Taylor was a project manager for Nasa when he directed funding to Douglas Engelbart at the Stanford Research Institute, who helped develop the modern computer mouse.
Taylor was working for the Pentagon’s Advanced Research Projects Agency (Arpa) in 1966 when he shepherded the creation of a single computer network to link Arpa-sponsored researchers at companies and institutions around the country.
Taylor was frustrated that he had to use three separate terminals to communicate with the researchers through their computer systems.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/15/robert-taylor-internet-computer-pioneer-dies
[Image: 1006-half-bear.jpg][Image: south-park-s10e06c02-awareness-of-manbearpig-16x.jpg]

Moe taterz

is that the guy who send "LO" trying to and "LOG" and the computer crashed?
Lies!

Al Gore invented the internet.

[Image: al-gore-internet.jpg]

Blasphemy!

Now he will destroy the earth with fire because global warming.

[Image: al-gore.jpg]
(04-16-2017, 11:19 PM)Johntaraz Wrote: [ -> ]Lies!

Al Gore invented the internet.

[Image: al-gore-internet.jpg]

Blasphemy!

Now he will destroy the earth with fire because global warming.

[Image: al-gore.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m7qkhuX6YM1rxhxa1o1_500.gif]
Lets all be sure and say a prayer for him, cause he changed our lives for the better more than any man in history as far as I am concerned. The internet brings things that are in the darkness to light, and it is a source of knowledge. It is better than gutenbergs printing press at disseminating information.
(04-17-2017, 02:12 AM)titanic1 Wrote: [ -> ]Lets all be sure and say a prayer for him, cause he changed our lives for the better more than any man in history as far as I am concerned.  The internet brings things that are in the darkness to light, and it is a source of knowledge.  It is better than gutenbergs printing press at disseminating information.

As long as the grid is up.

Thanks Internet Father.

(04-17-2017, 02:12 AM)titanic1 Wrote: [ -> ]Lets all be sure and say a prayer for him, cause he changed our lives for the better more than any man in history as far as I am concerned.  The internet brings things that are in the darkness to light, and it is a source of knowledge.  It is better than gutenbergs printing press at disseminating information.

[Image: jay.gif]
So who inherits it?
hahaha....I saw that title and I thought....jokingly...."Al Gore died?"
Pages: 1 2