The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Ugh....the conspiracy of "spring break"....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So...

I work over the weekend and get a project out first thing this morning....figure..."hey!  I think I'll go fishing today!"...

One of the advantages of self employment is I can work through the weekend when most of the "weekend warriors" are out getting snagged and making too much noise to catch fish....and fish on a weekday when no one else is around.

So there is this little country park about 12 miles outside of town that has this cresent shaped lake of about 2 acres.  I go there to catch bluegills for catfish bait.

There is rarely anyone ever at that park.  Well unless it is soccer season...the park has a several soccer fields....but I digress...usually there is no one there.

So I get there today....and the park service is mowing all around.  I knew that was prob not going to be good for fishing....the sound and vibrations would prob put the fish down.

But I go ahead and slog from the parking lot down to the lake.  There is a handicap parking area right beside the lake...but it's...ya know...for handicapped people.

I get lakeside and there is only one other guy fishing and he was having no luck.  he leaves within 15 minutes of me getting there.

I'm thinking "sweet  got the lake to myself"

About 15 minutes later....the Clampetts show up....park in the handicap area and commence to making more noise and being more irritating than a swarm of hungry mosquitoes.

But I fish on....20-30 minutes later....Bo and Luke Duke show up...and park in the handicap area.....now mark my word....none of these people are handicapped unless it's mentally handicapped.

15 minutes later, a family of 4 show up....with their dogs....and the kids are squealing, the dogs are barking and I decide it's time to gtfo.

Kinda fucked my day.....I am guessing it's going to be that way all week long as it's spring break in this county....I need a new secret place to fish....
While I don't see the conspiracy there, I will agree that "spring break" is never any good for anything but alcohol sales.
(04-10-2017, 02:36 PM)unclelunatic Wrote: [ -> ]While I don't see the conspiracy there, I will agree that "spring break" is never any good for anything but alcohol sales.

I was being....facetious.....

It kinda screwed my day....perhaps my whole week....it's a conspiracy I tell ya!

~mc~

(04-10-2017, 02:36 PM)unclelunatic Wrote: [ -> ]While I don't see the conspiracy there, I will agree that "spring break" is never any good for anything but alcohol sales.

and revenue for all the tickets handed out for DUI, battery, assault,ect LOL
yeah they'll be running road stops in this county all week.....

just random checkpoints....

it's alarming to me....we supposedly live in a "free society" and we have many occasions of stop and basically "papers please" checkpoiints throughout the year.....

I don't advocate drinking and driving....it's a really bad idea.....you might spill your drink.....

but what we have allowed M.A.D. to do to our system is disgusting.....

My whole philosophy in life is....."You should be as free as you want to be as long as your freedom does not hinder or impede the freedoms of another"....now getting drunk and causing an accident that kills or maims someone....is pretty much hindering and impeding the freedoms of another....but the Gestapo way they do it....I am not ok with that.....
(04-10-2017, 02:41 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]

and revenue for all the tickets handed out for DUI, battery, assault,ect  LOL

I was going to mention that, however a part of me slightly believes that those funds go back into the justice system, despite it being a massive fraud itself.
(04-10-2017, 02:37 PM)Damrod Wrote: [ -> ]

I was being....facetious.....

It kinda screwed my day....perhaps my whole week....it's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Chuckle
How far are you from Canada?
Our spring break was in March, and our lakes are prime for fishing right now, or so people tell me Smileyfud

~mc~

(04-10-2017, 02:46 PM)Damrod Wrote: [ -> ]yeah they'll be running road stops in this county all week.....

it's alarming to me....we supposedly live in a "free society" and we have many occasions of stop and basically "papers please" checkpoiints throughout the year.....

I don't advocate drinking and driving....it's a really bad idea.....you might spill your drink.....

My whole philosophy in life is....."You should be as free as you want to be as long as your freedom does not hinder or impede the freedoms of another"....now getting drunk and causing an accident that kills or maims someone....is pretty much hindering and impeding the freedoms of another....but the Gestapo way they do it....I am not ok with that.....

we have checkpoints EVERYWHERE on all major drinking holidays.

new years
4th of july
memorial day
st pattys day
ect

I don't leave the house on those days.
(04-10-2017, 02:47 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2017, 02:46 PM)Damrod Wrote: [ -> ]yeah they'll be running road stops in this county all week.....

we have checkpoints EVERYWHERE on all major drinking holidays.

new years
4th of july
memorial day
st pattys day
ect

I don't leave the house on those days.

That's pretty much the way I am.....it's not worth the hassle.

Maybe it is wrong to stay home and not go out on those days......but there is no fighting their justification....if you stand up for freedom on those topics, they badger you with the body counts....
You shoulda' got all mob-frenzied Seinfeld on breakerz' Ford Fiesta, 'rod  Yeah3
[Image: the-handicap-spot.jpg]
Pages: 1 2