The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: What Newspapers In 13 Countries Are Saying About Donald Trump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://thinkprogress.org/what-newspaper....yy1vsf4h0

This is from April 29

In his first foreign policy speech on Wednesday, Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump declared that the United States is “going to be a friend again” to the rest of the world.
But the rest of the world isn’t so sure that’s the case. The rise of Trump in the presidential race has certainly surprised many in the United States, but it’s also come as a shock to much of the rest of the world. Since Trump first announced his intention to run for president last year, the media in other countries has taken a humorous, and critical, look at his candidacy — from offering refuge for Americans fleeing a Trump presidency to analyses of how U.S. democracy even allowed for his rise. And of course, there have been a lot of comments about his hair.
To quote Trump, “We were laughed at all over the world, as we have been many, many times.”
This is by no means an exhaustive list of how other countries view Trump, but it is definitely an entertaining one.

[Image: szaixz.jpg]

[Image: ir24r9.jpg]

rest at link

https://thinkprogress.org/what-newspaper....yy1vsf4h0
The Toronto Star is a liberal paper. The Toronto Sun is more conservative.

~mc~

Trump keeps taking Hillary's bait.. he's pissing me off!
(09-30-2016, 12:43 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]Trump keeps taking Hillary's bait.. he's pissing me off!

No matter. I don't think trump cares if he wins or looses. Trump has always been about trump. This is great publicity for him. Plus answer me this, if you have a public vote to elect your officials, what does the electorate college have to do with picking your leader?
First past the post;
Canada’s electoral system is referred to as a "first past the post" system. The candidate with the most votes in a riding wins a seat in the House of Commons and represents that riding as its Member of Parliament (MP). The Governor General asks the Members of Parliament to form a government, which is normally the party whose candidates have won the most seats; that party's leader generally becomes Prime Minister. An absolute majority of the electorate is not needed, and is rarely achieved. As a result, power has been held by either of two parties for most of Canada's history. The party whose candidates win the second largest number of seats becomes the Official Opposition.

We have a lot of minority goverments who have to take the other parties stance into consideration because they need their votes. I don't see that in the U.S. Your system doesn't seem to be this way. seems like the peoples vote doesn't count. And how does the electoral college work? Anyone?
(09-30-2016, 01:15 PM)Arkansas_Ted Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2016, 12:56 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2016, 12:43 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]Trump keeps taking Hillary's bait.. he's pissing me off!

No matter. I don't think trump cares if he wins or looses. Trump has always been about trump. This is great publicity for him. Plus answer me this, if you have a public vote to elect your officials, what does the electorate college have to do with picking your leader?

Agreed but, why should we care what the world thinks? I feel we have reached a point that we as a people should pull back and let the world deal with it's own unless they come to the table with food in hand.

Sounds great. But what does the electoral college have to do with picking your leader?

~mc~

(09-30-2016, 01:22 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed but, why should we care what the world thinks? I feel we have reached a point that we as a people should pull back and let the world deal with it's own unless they come to the table with food in hand.

Sounds great. But what does the electoral college have to do with picking your leader?
it has everything to do with it.
From Wikipedia;

The United States Electoral College is the institution that elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. Citizens of the United States do not directly elect the president or the vice president; instead they elect representatives called "electors", who usually pledge to vote for particular presidential and vice presidential candidates.[1][2][3]

Reads like your vote doesn't matter. We all know politicians can be bought off. So is this how baby bush got in office?
(09-30-2016, 01:30 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2016, 01:22 PM)chuck Wrote: [ -> ]

it has everything to do with it.

How? It sounds like you're not picking your leader, you're voting, if you do, someone to pick your leader.
THE TOP SEVEN WAYS THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE IS UNFAIR, STUPID AND DANGEROUS

https://shadowproof.com/2012/10/31/the-top-seven-ways-the-electoral-college-is-unfair-stupid-and-dangerous/

"From my perspective, the single worst thing about the electoral college is that all of its insane rules means the candidate with the most support is not always the winner. It is possible to win the electoral vote or win when the decision goes to Congress without getting the most popular votes. Multiple times in American history the candidate with the most support from the electorate didn’t end up as president."
Pages: 1 2