The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: stop kissing chickens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fowl love: Kissing chickens could make you sick, CDC says

ATLANTA, Sept. 15 (UPI) -- Keeping a pet and showering it with love is a good thing, unless you've got backyard chickens and insist on kissing and snuggling them -- the animals may appreciate the attention, but there's a chance of salmonella infection.

The increased prevalence of backyard and pet chickens in the United States has introduced a higher risk for salmonella outbreaks, according to a new study and warning released today by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Although salmonella is typically transmitted through food, direct and indirect exposure to animals can also help the bacteria spread. As a growing number of people have started keeping chickens at their homes, however, adult and newborn live chickens have increasingly been linked to multistate outbreaks.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2016/09/1...t=hs&or=hn

~mc~

there is a lady in one of my photo groups that does this. she has a back yard full of chickens.. she kisses them and hugs them.. AND they come in her house and sit all over her bed. its gross if you ask me.
OT, i used to kiss my dog's wet nose.
Who the hell kisses chickens Chuckle
maybe the medical term is... peckishphilia? lol
(09-15-2016, 01:34 PM)SR-25 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe the medical term is... peckishphilia? lol

Chuckle

[Image: olivia-munn-chicken.gif?w=650]
(09-15-2016, 09:10 PM)Arkansas_Ted Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2016, 01:28 PM)ChillBro Wrote: [ -> ]Who the hell kisses chickens Chuckle

We don't just kiss chickens from around my parts Eve

Lmao
LOL! I always thought the CDC was semi-intelligent but this killed it. I wonder how much money they spent coming to the conclusion that kissing chickens could make you sick. I wonder how many people actually kiss and snuggle their chickens.
[Image: daa8ec590177ea0544c65ff59841b1d6.jpg]