The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: ALL THIS FOR FAILING TO USE A TURN SIGNAL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Jun 23, 2019

WTH...... ALL THIS FOR FAILING TO USE A TURN SIGNAL

Ponder
Still waiting to find those honest and upstanding police folks I keep hearing about.
(06-23-2019, 11:34 PM)Nekro Wrote: [ -> ]Still waiting to find those honest and upstanding police folks I keep hearing about.

I trusted cops until, my cop friends started telling me stories about "cops". I stay the hell away from them. I won't call them, except for the station close to work. They are all ex Mil there and don't screw around.
I see cops falling into two broad categories, shades of gray notwithstanding.

1. Humble servants who take an oath to enforce the law, serve the people, and uphold the constitution.
2. Power tripping asshole psychopaths who belong behind bars.
(06-24-2019, 12:29 AM)Godless Patriot Wrote: [ -> ]I see cops falling into two broad categories, shades of gray notwithstanding.

1. Humble servants who take an oath to enforce the law, serve the people, and uphold the constitution.
2. Power tripping asshole psychopaths who belong behind bars.

Irony: Who does number 2 work for?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=J-YVt4gfquA
Your tax dollars at work.
Officer Friendly
taking another violent criminal
off the street
to protect
our
Corporate
Gated
Communities.,

Pathetic
It would be easy to think that the police officer is a figure who has existed since the beginning of civilization. That’s the idea on display in the proclamation from President John F. Kennedy on the dedication of the week of May 15 as “National Police Week,” in which he noted that law-enforcement officers had been protecting Americans since the nation’s birth.

In fact, the U.S. police force is a relatively modern invention, sparked by changing notions of public order, driven in turn by economics and politics, according to Gary Potter, a crime historian at Eastern Kentucky University.

Policing in Colonial America had been very informal, based on a for-profit, privately funded system that employed people part-time. Towns also commonly relied on a “night watch” in which volunteers signed up for a certain day and time, mostly to look out for fellow colonists engaging in prostitution or gambling. (Boston started one in 1636, New York followed in 1658 and Philadelphia created one in 1700.) But that system wasn’t very efficient because the watchmen often slept and drank while on duty, and there were people who were put on watch duty as a form of punishment.

https://time.com/4779112/police-history-origins/
I was pulled over and treated like a criminal for one front headlight being out.
Utter douche cop
Pages: 1 2 3