The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: California moves to let felons serve on juries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
HA, a jury of MS13 Members. How cool would that be?

[Image: 0cCRtGA.png]

California moves to let felons serve on juries

http://www.ocregister.com

The state of California has made no secret that it wants to let as many people out of prison as possible.
From the early release of inmates through AB 109, to filling parole boards with felon friendly commissioners, to decriminalizing a litany of felonies and drug offenses with Props 47 and 57, Sacramento lawmakers are bending over backwards to dramatically reduce the state’s inmate population.

This most recent push is Senate Bill 310, authored by state Sen. Nancy Skinner, D-Berkeley, and would allow Californians who have prior felony convictions to serve on juries.

Currently, felons are prevented from serving on juries because of their obvious and inherent bias against prosecutors and law enforcement.
If you honestly believe that jurors in California who’ve served time won’t be more lenient towards accused criminals, I’ve got a bullet train to sell you.
People who have a family member in law enforcement are excused from jury duty all the time because of the possibility of bias, even unconscious bias.
How can someone who’s served time be considered free of bias?

That’s like having crazy cat ladies vote on how many cats a person should own.

More media bs
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/06/13/ca...on-juries/

Win 10 note..i had to type the word JURY, three times to prevent win 10 spell check from changing it to "hurry". I'm beginning to think, from previous changes, that there is a political algorithm at work.  This began with the last update.

~mc~

Sorry to anyone that lives there

But they need to fall into the ocean
(06-13-2019, 11:36 PM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to anyone that lives there

Totally agree. I won't shed a tear when it happens.

Full Throttle

Makes no sense at all. Raw and Savage Insanity.

I'll likely move if, I quit doing any paid work. I have an ongoing personal project that I want to pursue. I was born in the SF area. I've been here all my life. I have no extended family, so, for years, my friends have been my family.

I have an open offer, from friends, of beach front property to build on in Thailand. But, I don't think I'll leave the US.

~mc~

(06-14-2019, 12:04 AM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]

I'll likely move if, I quit doing any paid work. I have an ongoing personal project that I want to pursue. I was born in the SF area. I've been here all my life. I have no extended family, so, for years, my friends have been my family.

I have an open offer, from friends, of beach front property to build on in Thailand. But, I don't think I'll leave the US.

You can move to Arizona

I’ll save you from the ocean :)

Get the F out ASAP. Don't come to Texas though, we are full. You can thank Mexico for that. Chuckle
(06-14-2019, 12:07 AM)-RG- Wrote: [ -> ]

Get the F out ASAP.  Don't come to Texas though, we are full.  You can thank Mexico for that.   Chuckle

I've been near the Pacific Ocean all my life. I've traveled a lot for work. The thing I wanted the most on a return home, was the Pacific. It's just in me. So, I could go north. I have a good friend in Washington. He relocated from the SF area. I also have thought of moving to northern Italy. I love the area and, have friends there.

I'm watching the BS go down. I'm living in the canary in the coal mine hood. I'll be the first to see the canary at the bottom of the cage. I'll send a flare up, before my exit from the state.
(06-14-2019, 12:05 AM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]

You can move to Arizona

Thank you. Heartflowers My art agent is in Santa Fe, NM. He's offered to assist in my relocating to that hood..i loved NM in the 60-80s. I don't think I could take the politics now.

There are many conservative counties in CA. You wouldn't know it. Many on here liked Regan.. He was a California Governor before becoming POTUS. Arnie was/is a fraud.

I'm not in any hurry. I have ongoing projects here. I love my work, I'll likely keep at it for a while.

~mc~

(06-14-2019, 12:39 AM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2019, 12:05 AM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2019, 12:04 AM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]I'll likely move if, I quit doing any paid work. I have an ongoing personal project that I want to pursue. I was born in the SF area. I've been here all my life. I have no extended family, so, for years, my friends have been my family.

You can move to Arizona

Thank you.  Heartflowers  My art agent is in Santa Fe, NM. He's offered to assist in my relocating to that hood..i loved NM in the 60-80s. I don't think I could take the politics now.

There are many conservative counties in CA. You wouldn't know it. Many on here liked Regan.. He was a California Governor before becoming POTUS. Arnie was/is a fraud.

I'm not in any hurry. I have ongoing projects here. I love my work, I'll likely keep at it for a while.

We are full in Phoenix too but we always have room for friends Heartflowers
Pages: 1 2 3 4