The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Country Rapper Lil Nas X says 'Old Town Road' About Climate Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: lil-nas-x-drake-hot-100-600x410.jpg]

The song reads like a pretty standard country rap song with elements of both genres: simply stated rumination on life drama with lyrics like "cheated on my baby" and glorified drug use with lyrics like "lean all in my bladder."

But, according to Lil Nas X, the first rapped lyrics of the song is about so much more.

"When I said 'I got the horses in the back' it was in reference to reversing the ongoing climate change, water pollution, and catastrophic political climate we are witnessing in these trying times," the rapper wrote on Twitter on Saturday.

The tweet about his song lyric has inspired fans of the song to try to interpret other lyrics as metaphors for environmental destruction and current events.

Some of the people responding were obviously joking, others were serious, and it's too hard to figure out who was doing which, but here are some of the more interesting attempts at interpreting lyrics from the song.

Further below in the responses to the rapper's tweet, a trio of Twitter users said – that the "hat is matte black" line is about the troubling future of "solar radiation management," the "ridin' on a tractor" line is about right to repair laws, and the "can't nobody tell me nothing' is referring to the refusal to participate in a system of erasure of black voices with an emphasis in protecting black women and our black trans family."

One person who responded to this tweet said, "Watching you squeezing every drop of mileage out of this song has me dyin' bro."

https://www.sfgate.com/music/article/Lil...963636.php
Jptdknpa Jptdknpa
(06-09-2019, 07:02 PM)MysticPizza Wrote: [ -> ]Jptdknpa  Jptdknpa

That purple drank has done him in.
There's such a thing as country rap?

Scratchinghead
(06-09-2019, 07:32 PM)LucyBarnable Wrote: [ -> ]There's such a thing as country rap?

Scratchinghead

Popular "culture" is rapidly declining.
(06-09-2019, 07:35 PM)RiskyRob Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2019, 07:32 PM)LucyBarnable Wrote: [ -> ]There's such a thing as country rap?

Scratchinghead

Popular "culture" is rapidly declining.

Appears so.
Facepalm