The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Why the country with the world's largest oil reserves faces gas shortages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Word in the street is we have 1 month left of gas. I`ve heard rumors like this before what I can tell you is that filling your tank inlands has become a nightmare. They are making sure Caracas doesn´t suffer shortages yet some days I can´t fill up in my local gast station and have to go around looking for gas. If this happens, you will witness the worst social engineered collapse at least during our lifetimes.

For many Venezuelans, oil is a birthright in the country blessed with the largest crude reserves in the world. Despite wild hyperinflation, Venezuela's government has never increased the price of gasoline. Today, amid a crushing economic crisis, filling up a tank in Venezuela is still basically free -- but only if you can afford to wait for days in line.
Over the last two weeks, people from several states in Venezuela have described severe gas shortages. It's not the first time that the country has suffered gas shortages, but previous crises were blamed on bad distribution and logistical inefficiency. This time, as citizens find themselves queuing for days at the gas stations, many are starting to fear there simply is not enough oil for all.
Caracas is still fueled by a steady supply, which critics of the embattled President Nicolas Maduro describe as politically motivated favoritism: Keeping the capital well supplied helps prevent further anti-government protests, after months of violent unrest.

But in the western city of San Cristobal del Tachira, Lorena Amaya, 42, spent three days sleeping in her car with her sister, as they waited in line to fill the tank with gas. The two sisters parked their vehicles one in front of the other and placed a mattress in the first one to create a bed.

"Today, it's my son's birthday, and look where am I," she told CNN. She only briefly left the gas queue to visit her 10-year-old son that morning, while her sister held the spot.
@Ironhide

Hang in my friend. It's pretty bad and may get worse.

Do you have a way to leave, for a better place to live ?
(06-07-2019, 01:24 PM)Ironhide Wrote: [ -> ]Word in the street is we have 1 month left of gas. I`ve heard rumors like this before what I can tell you is that filling your tank inlands has become a nightmare. They are making sure Caracas doesn´t suffer shortages yet some days I can´t fill up in my local gast station and have to go around looking for gas. If this happens, you will witness the worst social engineered collapse at least during our lifetimes.

For many Venezuelans, oil is a birthright in the country blessed with the largest crude reserves in the world. Despite wild hyperinflation, Venezuela's government has never increased the price of gasoline. Today, amid a crushing economic crisis, filling up a tank in Venezuela is still basically free -- but only if you can afford to wait for days in line.
Over the last two weeks, people from several states in Venezuela have described severe gas shortages. It's not the first time that the country has suffered gas shortages, but previous crises were blamed on bad distribution and logistical inefficiency. This time, as citizens find themselves queuing for days at the gas stations, many are starting to fear there simply is not enough oil for all.
Caracas is still fueled by a steady supply, which critics of the embattled President Nicolas Maduro describe as politically motivated favoritism: Keeping the capital well supplied helps prevent further anti-government protests, after months of violent unrest.

But in the western city of San Cristobal del Tachira, Lorena Amaya, 42, spent three days sleeping in her car with her sister, as they waited in line to fill the tank with gas. The two sisters parked their vehicles one in front of the other and placed a mattress in the first one to create a bed.

"Today, it's my son's birthday, and look where am I," she told CNN. She only briefly left the gas queue to visit her 10-year-old son that morning, while her sister held the spot.

Take care and blessings to you and yours.
(06-07-2019, 01:39 PM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]@Ironhide

I think I`m all in with my country. The US won´t let me in. Costa Rica is an option but it is way too expensive. I believe hard times are coming to the entire world and Venezuela is only the beginning of things to come. I could leave right now if I wanted to since I already have my an easy entrance in Costa Rica but I have properties that I worked hard for here in Venezuela that I`m not just leaving behind.
(06-07-2019, 02:15 PM)Ironhide Wrote: [ -> ]

I think I`m all in with my country. The US won´t let me in. Costa Rica is an option but it is way too expensive. I believe hard times are coming to the entire world and Venezuela is only the beginning of things to come. I could leave right now if I wanted to since I already have my an easy entrance in Costa Rica but I have properties that I worked hard for here in Venezuela that I`m not just leaving behind.

[/quote]

Take care and blessings to you and yours.
[/quote]

Thank you.
(06-07-2019, 02:17 PM)Ironhide Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Ironhide' pid='874207' dateline='1559931308']
[quote='MaximalGravity' pid='874170' dateline='1559929193']
@Ironhide

Quote:Take care and blessings to you and yours.

Thank you.

I understand not wanting to lose an investment.

As for entrance to the US, it seems an easy task currently. Pick a border and simply cross. There are many places on the northern border where you can cross unmolested, in forest land.

My prayers are with you and yours and that your timing will be perfect in your behalf when you leave and resettle. I also concur that the most desperate times are ahead for the entire developed world.