The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: very unusual birth for an anaconda snake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how can this be??

Anaconda Mom Gives Birth to Baby Clones, No Male Required

When it comes to making babies, it usually takes two to tango. But Anna, a 10-foot-long (3 meters) anaconda at Boston's New England Aquarium, did it solo. Earlier this year, Anna gave birth to 18 snake babies all by herself, no male snakes required.

Aquarium staff had no idea Anna was pregnant until they saw her during delivery (anacondas don't lay eggs, instead having live births). Immediately, aquarium biologists suspected that Anna had given birth via parthenogenesis, which in Greek means "virgin birth." In other words, Anna's babies contain genetic information only from Anna.

Parthenogenesis doesn't always result in perfect copies. Genes come in pairs — one set from each parent (or in Anna's case, one set from each egg). In some cases of parthenogenesis, these sets of genes get shuffled, so even though the genes are the same in the babies, they're not arranged in the same order, meaning not all offspring are clones. However, in Anna's case, these babies were complete clones

https://www.livescience.com/65632-anacon...birth.html
Ah, but she lost most of her babies...
RIP baby snakes
Many reptiles do the same.
[Image: SBggz04.gif]

WHOA!!!!
Oh, great, now I have to worry about leftists spontaneously replicating themselves too!
(06-04-2019, 01:35 PM)Deplorably Nameless Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, great, now I have to worry about leftists spontaneously replicating themselves too!

Jptdknpa

~mc~

(06-04-2019, 01:35 PM)Deplorably Nameless Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, great, now I have to worry about leftists spontaneously replicating themselves too!

you are SPOT ON today Jptdknpa

[Image: JlVMRmy.gif]

You are on a roll today. I love it!
Oddly, today is snake day for me. I'm wearing all snake jewelry.
Pages: 1 2