The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: ELECTRONIC PACIFIERS, Contemporary Godless Human Existence. 5 Min Video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think we're all aware of this but are we REALLY cognizant of what is going down? Take 5 minutes, please.

https://youtu.be/nKd2QVrQVIM
The phone is my tool.
Mr Fancher taught me, by letting it ring all hour long, deconditioning me.
I do not bring my phone with me to the shop, and sometimes not when I go out shopping either. Folks get mad at me, and make fun of me, that I never answer my phone. I don't facebook.
I belong to myself, unless I choose to give of myself to another, and then completely.
I wear what I like.
I do what I want, when I want, how I want.
I no longer work.
I am not rich, and I do not need to be.
I got out.
I am free.
I create.
And it does not trouble me if any of my creations are ever valued by another. They are lovely and I think they will be enjoyed...but it is the doing, the being with the creator in that moment...that, I cherish.
I can't express the feeling of fulfillment and self actualization I now have.
Life is really beautiful.
(06-04-2019, 12:27 AM)PickleSnout Wrote: [ -> ]The phone is my tool.
Mr Fancher taught me, by letting it ring all hour long, deconditioning me.
I do not bring my phone with me to the shop, and sometimes not when I go out shopping either. Folks get mad at me, and make fun of me, that I never answer my phone. I don't facebook.
I belong to myself, unless I choose to give of myself to another, and then completely.
I wear what I like.
I do what I want, when I want, how I want.
I no longer work.
I am not rich, and I do not need to be.
I got out.
I am free.
I create.
And it does not trouble me if any of my creations are ever valued by another. They are lovely and I think they will be enjoyed...but it is the doing, the being with the creator in that moment...that, I cherish.
I can't express the feeling of fulfillment and self actualization I now have.
Life is really beautiful.

You are truly an individual. A rare genus in these times. Heartflowers
Bump
The saddest thing I see are parents on their phones. Kids would come to my house, to water and weed, plant seeds, wash the car..anything I was doing, cause we talked together. Parents were right there, sitting out front....At the screens. I taught the kids to look at the sky, and how to listen to a plant to see what it was asking for. I showed them meteorites and old roman coins, a real gemstone and how the moon looks in a telescope. I liked when I could even get the parents curious. Telescope was great for that. They would be finally doing something together and I could stand back and admire that moment I created.

They should have been doing that. Maybe more happens at night. I am sure bedtime stories get read.
Don't they?
We found ourselves (wife and I) sitting in the same room watching the baseball game, or whatever show my wife was catching up on, and noses buried in our phones. We would say very little to each other. One day I had that realization of what was happening and now we have a no devices during dinner rule. And planned movie or date nights completely device free twice a week. I almost forgot how much I enjoy her company. Go figger. Yup, I do get the whole "slave to the device" thing.
My phone stopped making sound recently so I am always forgetting where I put it.
Yay.
(06-04-2019, 01:59 AM)PickleSnout Wrote: [ -> ]The saddest thing I see are parents on their phones. Kids would come to my house, to water and weed, plant seeds, wash the car..anything I was doing, cause we talked together. Parents were right there, sitting out front....At the screens. I taught the kids to look at the sky, and how to listen to a plant to see what it was asking for. I showed them meteorites and old roman coins, a real gemstone and how the moon looks in a telescope. I liked when I could even get the parents curious. Telescope was great for that. They would be finally doing something together and I could stand back and admire that moment I created.

They should have been doing that. Maybe more happens at night.  I am sure bedtime stories get read.
Don't they?

Over the years quite a few people have asked their kids why they like me. Every single time the children say the same thing; 'Elric listens to me'.

It says a lot. Sorta sad really.
My phone is for texting & one minute phone calls.

Oh & it tells the time.
I'm guilty. I'm dependent on it for entertainment and information.
Pages: 1 2