The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Deja Vu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Déjá vu is a French term that some people use to describe the feeling of living through novel experiences that somehow seem strangely familiar. In English déjà vu means “already seen” and this phenomenon has widely picked the interest of scientists and psychologists. If you have ever traveled to a new place but could swear you have been there before, you could be experiencing a déjà vu moment.

What causes a déjà vu moment?
Despite the efforts to explain a déjà vu episode there isn’t a clear explanation as to why people have déjà vu moments. A theory argues that when the brain is able to distinguish familiar objects in a new setting, then it tricks you into believing that you have been in that place before. For instance, imagine that you moved the objects and furniture of one room to a new room and rearranged them. You might believe you are in the old room just because the objects look familiar.
Other theories have looked more carefully at brain structures and argue that a possible temporal disorientation of the hippocampus can cause you to experience a déjà vu moment. The hippocampus is responsible for forming long-term memory but can be easily disrupted if stress, threat or fear is perceived.

Cite:  https://health.onehowto.com/article/why-...11295.html

Even had that dizzying feeling that you've been somewhere before, not just somewhere, but in that exact spot, doing the exact same thing, with the same people-even though you know there's no way that could be true?
Déjà vu, that sometimes magical, sometimes disconcerting feeling of already having lived the present moment, has been part of the human experience forever. We've explained it as a futuristic vision, a glimpse into a former life, a warning from beyond or some other kind of mystical experience. But now science has a biological explanation: It's a brain glitch. Sorry.
Researchers from Texas A&M University were researching epilepsy, a disease that causes repeated seizures, and found something interesting: Epileptics often have a moment of déjà vu right before a seizure hits, almost like an early warning system. The scientists used brain scans to examine the link between déjà vu and seizures and they found that both events appear to be caused by the same neurological hiccup in our brains. (Did you know leg workouts could be key to better brain health?)
But déjà vu is super common, with over two-thirds of people saying they've experienced it, while epilepsy is relatively rare, affecting just one percent of the population. So how exactly are they connected? It all comes down to how we store our memories, lead researcher Michelle Hook, Ph.D., an assistant professor in the Department of Neuroscience and Experimental Therapeutics, said in a press release. The temporal lobe is where the nerve cell activity in the brain is disrupted in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy, and it's also the place where we make and store our memories. (Find out how technology messes with your memory.)

https://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and...et-deja-vu
Yes?

That scene in the movie is inspiration for my alias.

~mc~

Callout thread:

No call outs please

This thread will be closed and most likely deleted soon

Lmao
(06-03-2019, 07:24 PM)DaJavoo Wrote: [ -> ]Lmao

Well I was thinking of the concept of Daja Vu, but you did pass through my mine @DaJavoo
Déjá vu is a 0.23 seconds time reset.
I sometimes get the feeling that I've done this thread before hahahahaha
(06-03-2019, 07:33 PM)CrypticMole Wrote: [ -> ]Déjá vu is a 0.23 seconds time reset.

This is less than 1/4 of a second and its purpose is to make corrections and to fix errors in your perception of universal and collective consciousness.
It's either that or vuja da. As in, "I ain't never seen no sh!t like this before!"
[Image: qX99DDG.jpg]
Pages: 1 2