The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Millennials blame climate change for their small 401(k) balances
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Young people blame climate change for their small 401(k) balances

Lori Rodriguez, a 27-year-old communications professional in New York City, is not saving for retirement, and it isn’t necessarily because she can’t afford to — it’s because she doesn’t expect it to matter.
Like many people her age, Rodriguez believes climate change will have catastrophic effects on our planet. Some 88% of millennials — a higher percentage than any other age group — accept that climate change is happening, and 69% say it will impact them in their lifetimes. Engulfed in a constant barrage of depressing news stories, many young people are skeptical about saving for an uncertain future.
“I want to hope for the best and plan for a future that is stable and secure, but, when I look at current events and at the world we are predicting, I do not see how things could not be chaotic in 50 years,” Rodriguez says. “The weather systems are already off, and I don’t think it’s hyperbolic to be a little apocalyptic.”

Mental-health issues affecting young adults and adolescents in the U.S. have increased significantly in the past decade, a study published in March in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology found. ...

Snip
From the chaos of World War II to the draft for the Vietnam War and the looming threat of nuclear conflict during the Cold War, every generation has its own source of doubt about the future, but millennials are uniquely poised to distrust systems propping up the concept of retirement, says Brad Klontz, 48, associate professor of practice at the Financial Psychology Institute. The current generation of young people witnessed the dot-com bubble burst after the turn of the millennium, the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11 and the wars that followed, and the stock-market crash in 2008 and the associated housing crisis.

More
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-to...2019-05-23
[Image: Octo-everything-free-cartoon.jpg]
They need to blame democrat policies that destroyed the corporate pension plans.
(05-24-2019, 01:57 AM)Deplorably Nameless Wrote: [ -> ]They need to blame democrat policies that destroyed the corporate pension plans.

Yep, and, from what I've seen, they aren't into saving money. They spend their money on expensive food and travel, often centered around the selfies they can post to social media.

I make my own coffee. Or take some to work in a thermos. The kiddies are down at the Blue Bottle café droppin $9-16 for a cup. Add a pastry and, you put a serious dent in a 20 or two of them. They're in there for breakfast and lunch. They think nothing of it.
https://bluebottlecoffee.com/store/coffee
Until the DEBT based central banker scheme/scam is broken, nothing will change for the better.
I saw something allready this morning where the millenials were blaming the baby boomers.
(05-24-2019, 09:44 AM)sivil Wrote: [ -> ]I saw something allready this morning where the millenials were blaming the baby boomers.

Blame is easy, I can think of a ton of reason the boomers destroyed certain things.

That being said, responsibility is hard - and blaming others for your issues is an immature way of handling life.
Alas, the modern human is not capable of bearing any responsibility for their life choices.