The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Tumeric and Drug Interactions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Several medications could interact with turmeric. Drug interactions may occur if turmeric is combined with certain antiplatelet or anticoagulant medications, including aspirin, heparin, or NSAIDs. Turmeric drug interactions could increase the risk of bleeding, including dangerous internal bleeding. If you are taking any of these medications, make sure to talk to your healthcare provider before using turmeric.

Turmeric Drug Interactions
Turmeric might interact with medications that "thin" the blood, increasing the risk of bleeding (especially when turmeric is used at medicinal doses, which are higher than amounts usually used in foods). Some of these antiplatelet or anticoagulant medications that Antithrombin (ATryn®, Thrombate III®)
Apixaban (Eliquis®)
Argatroban
Aspirin (Bayer® and others)
Bivalirudin (Angiomax®)
Cilostazol (Pletal®)
Clopidogrel (Plavix®)
Dabigatran etexilate mesylate (Pradaxa®)
Dipyridamole (Persantine®)
Drotrecogin alfa (Xigris®)
Eptifibatide (Integrilin®)
Fondaparinux (Arixtra®)
Heparin or heparin-like products, including dalteparin (Fragmin®), enoxaparin (Lovenox®), or tinzaparin (Innohep®)
Lepirudin (Refludan®)
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
Lucky I only take turmeric and herbs..
(05-16-2019, 07:40 AM)Bubbles Wrote: [ -> ]Lucky I only take turmeric and herbs..

I wonder if gotu kola or ginko biloba would be an issue in combo with tumeric?
(05-16-2019, 07:46 AM)mmmmkay_ultra Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2019, 07:40 AM)Bubbles Wrote: [ -> ]Lucky I only take turmeric and herbs..

Yeah I take ginko biloba but what set me off about this is I've been taking aspirin, so i guess you aren't supposed to do that.
(05-16-2019, 07:46 AM)mmmmkay_ultra Wrote: [ -> ]

....and some nootropics?
I been taking lions mane mushroom and ginko biloba to supplement my mental powers. That lions mane mushroom is so good the British government made some ebay seller take down his true claims. I find when I'm on it my memory almost becomes photographic.