The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Damn, I need a new roof
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wind and hail damage. Roof is 25 years old.
I have a good vetted contractor, now let's see if
the insurance company is going to pony up seeing
I have been paying them for 18 years and this is the first claim I have ever had on this house and I have lived here for 18 years.....
(05-15-2019, 09:37 PM)Grendelmort Wrote: [ -> ]Wind and hail damage. Roof is 25 years old.
I have been paying them for 18 years and this is the first claim I have ever had on this house and I have lived here for 16 years.....

That sucks. I just put a new roof and gutters on this summer. At least now it's done and don't have to worry about it again for awhile.
The $2000.00 deductible is gonna suck....
(05-15-2019, 09:42 PM)Grendelmort Wrote: [ -> ]The $2000.00 deductible is gonna suck....

Some do and some don't, they may even pro-rate it at 25 years and tell you to piss off, 1dunno1 I've been roofing for 33 years and have seen it all.
(05-15-2019, 09:39 PM)Catch Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2019, 09:37 PM)Grendelmort Wrote: [ -> ]Wind and hail damage. Roof is 25 years old.
I have been paying them for 18 years and this is the first claim I have ever had on this house and I have lived here for 16 years.....

That sucks. I just put a new roof and gutters on this summer. At least now it's done and don't have to worry about it again for awhile.

Contractor will put on the complete Owens Corning Roofing System - guaranteed for 50 years.
Some out of pocket expense if the insurance company pays (about 7500 additional dollars) - but the FUCKIN roof will out live me ...
(05-15-2019, 09:51 PM)Grendelmort Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2019, 09:39 PM)Catch Wrote: [ -> ]

Contractor will put on the complete Owens Corning Roofing System - guaranteed for 50 years.
Some out of pocket expense if the insurance company pays (about 7500 additional dollars) - but the FUCKIN roof will out live me ...

lol I hear ya', but that's not a bad thing. Hopefully you never have another bad storm to damage it again.
I live in Texas, bad storms are the norm here !
That's why I will pony up the additional money for a very good roof...
BTW, insurance companies generally will not cover damage to metal roofs.
A steel roof is cheaper, and you can put it right over the existing shingles.
I have been paying them for 18 years and this is the first claim I have ever had on this house and I have lived here for 18 years.....

@Grendelmort , what type of roof is it. Perhaps a typical residential pitched roof made of tar paper and shingles? With plywood under it?

We replaced the roof here in Surprise a few months ago. And I bought a new roof for the other house about 4 years ago.

How many square feet is your home?

Roofing contractors can be shysters. You must be careful.
Pages: 1 2