The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Advice for a Novice Bitcoin Trader?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I purchased some BTC just below $6000 last night. This is my first investment in the coin for the sake of trading. I'm looking for suggestions regarding price tickers that look cool, trading sites you would suggest, etc. Podcasts, YouTube channels, whatever you got!

What's your story?
If you feel comfortable sharing your experience in the realm of the coin, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!
@unclelunatic isn’t this up your alley?
There are a few fanatics they hang out here, just hold on and they will find you. Good luck with your investment!
I got into BTC when it was $14, and sold 90% of it when it hit $400.
hindsight, right?

Well, my biggest advice to you would be, OWN YOUR PRIVATE KEYS
Do not keep funds on exchanges, ever (for more than a few hours)
If you don't hold it in a wallet where you control the private keys, you don't own it

When you say BTC trader, do you mean someone who trades BTC with other cryptos in hopes of attaining more BTC?
Or, do you want to trade USD-T (or likewise) to/from BTC for the same reason as above?
Or is your goal to get more fiat?

I've been in the crypto space for a long time, and I'm happy to see others getting in.
Blockchain technology can/should change a lot of our outdated processes currently being used.
Not sure how bitcoin will go hand in hand with it - but I truly believe BTC will continue to gain momentum going into Oct 2019 when the next bull market is set to start.
So for now I am slowly accumulating as much BTC as I can.

Unfortunately I will be leaving to have lunch with a colleague shortly, but will definitely continue this if you have any questions.
I'm assuming you've educated yourself enough to know that BTC halves every so often

So I thought I would leave these charts here for you

[Image: 137e64c7d__1600x0__q85.png]

[Image: cu52fxb6jzh11.jpg]
(off topic) its good to see you again bro[Image: bouncy.gif]
Thanks @unclelunatic

I knew you’d come through.. have a good lunch!
~mc~ Wrote:Thanks @unclelunatic

I knew you’d come through.. have a good lunch!

Heartflowers Thank you!

Finally get to catch up with a colleague of mine after two busy weeks in a row of short quick lunches alone at my desk Chuckle

Chinese food here I come! Can't wait to see where this thread has gone upon my return popnana
[Image: vfdOFb2m_big.png]

One last chart as I wait for a guy to return to work so I can go get lunch
(05-10-2019, 11:43 AM)unclelunatic Wrote: [ -> ]I got into BTC when it was $14, and sold 90% of it when it hit $400.
hindsight, right?

Well, my biggest advice to you would be, OWN YOUR PRIVATE KEYS
Do not keep funds on exchanges, ever (for more than a few hours)
If you don't hold it in a wallet where you control the private keys, you don't own it

When you say BTC trader, do you mean someone who trades BTC with other cryptos in hopes of attaining more BTC?
Or, do you want to trade USD-T (or likewise) to/from BTC for the same reason as above?
Or is your goal to get more fiat?

I've been in the crypto space for a long time, and I'm happy to see others getting in.
Blockchain technology can/should change a lot of our outdated processes currently being used.
Not sure how bitcoin will go hand in hand with it - but I truly believe BTC will continue to gain momentum going into Oct 2019 when the next bull market is set to start.
So for now I am slowly accumulating as much BTC as I can.

Unfortunately I will be leaving to have lunch with a colleague shortly, but will definitely continue this if you have any questions.

Right, it's sitting in a coinbase wallet right now. Thanks for the heads up, I'll get that sorted.

I'm not sure what my goal is exactly. I'd like to use usd to buy them low and then sell them high for usd. Rinse, repeat. I know that much from watching television, and thats about it. I just won a $1000 day before yesterday on a scratch off lottory ticket, and I'm trying to invest it wisely. Thanks, unclelunatic. I really appreciate you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4