The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Americans Mired In Boredom 131 Days A Year, Survey Finds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Are these people liberals?

How can this life be boring, especially in the times we live today?

If you "Be all that you can be", trust me you won'd be bored. You'll wonder where the hours of the day went. If you are physically incapacitated, then read. Read until you fall asleep and dream of what you read.

131 days of boredom a year.....jeesh! Eyeroll

From: https://www.studyfinds.org/no-fun-americ...days-year/
"NEW YORK — Feeling bored all too often lately? It seems that many folks might need to get out a bit more and inject some fun into their lives. A survey of 2,000 Americans finds that for the average adult, more than a third of their year is spent mired in boredom.

For the survey, the researchers defined a boring day as one that involved simply no fun at all. After averaging out responses of all participants, they calculated that Americans experience 131 boring days annually. They reached that number by converting the average “percentage of a typical week that is not fun/boring/dreaded” — which was 36% — into hours per week, or 60.48 hours. They multiplied that by 52 weeks in a year, then converted it into days: 131.04 boring or unfun days in a year."
What's this 'bored' thing you speak of?

Chuckle
Only boring people get bored
I really like to go out, it is boring to stay at home. I like to get out and meet people and say hi.
(05-08-2019, 08:58 PM)sivil Wrote: [ -> ]I really like to go out, it is boring to stay at home.  I like to get out and meet people and say hi.

I don’t need to go out to have a good time
.... I don’t need to have a good time Jptdknpa

I rarely if ever feel bored... there’s always something to do
(05-08-2019, 08:55 PM)oldcynic Wrote: [ -> ]Are these people liberals?

If you "Be all that you can be", trust me you won'd be bored. You'll wonder where the hours of the day went.  If you are physically incapacitated, then read.  Read until you fall asleep and dream of what you read.

"NEW YORK — Feeling bored all too often lately? It seems that many folks might need to get out a bit more and inject some fun into their lives. A survey of 2,000 Americans finds that for the average adult, more than a third of their year is spent mired in boredom.

For the survey, the researchers defined a boring day as one that involved simply no fun at all. After averaging out responses of all participants, they calculated that Americans experience 131 boring days annually. They reached that number by converting the average “percentage of a typical week that is not fun/boring/dreaded” — which was 36% — into hours per week, or 60.48 hours. They multiplied that by 52 weeks in a year, then converted it into days: 131.04 boring or unfun days in a year."

I don't know about their lives however, my life is anything but boring...
(05-08-2019, 10:20 PM)phxsparks Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2019, 08:55 PM)oldcynic Wrote: [ -> ]Are these people liberals?

If you "Be all that you can be", trust me you won'd be bored. You'll wonder where the hours of the day went.  If you are physically incapacitated, then read.  Read until you fall asleep and dream of what you read.

I don't know about their lives however,  my life is anything but boring...

Same here, Sparky
My life is so exciting, I barely have time to shit!

Especially on those days when I'm constipated. Chuckle
Only non-outdoorsy people get bored. If you don't have a car, then take a bus or walk to some place that you can go for a walk in the outdoors, or go fishing, and for god sakes drink some beer while you do this. It just makes the experience even better. Chuckle
(05-08-2019, 10:55 PM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]Only non-outdoorsy people get bored.  If you don't have a car, then take a bus or walk to some place that you can go for a walk in the outdoors, or go fishing, and for god sakes drink some beer while you do this. It just makes the experience even better.  Chuckle

[Image: MkY0sYf.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3