The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Robot Lawnmower Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Notice how the 'self-driving' car shit has kind of died down. Two years ago they were telling us we are about to be taken over by self-driving cars. (I know they are still testing them) Reality is it would be decades before any such thing would happen.

The same with Robots taking over all the jobs in the world. Always believed that was bullshit for one reason: where the fuck is my Robot Lawnmower?

I know someone will post some link to some horse shit about a robotic lawnmower, but here is what it will say about it:
1. it is good for about 1/4 acre.
2. it needs some guide lines or guard wire fence around the area to be mowed to make it turn around.
3. it can't handle inclines and hills worth shit.
4. it costs about 1500 dollars.

When someone starts mass producing a robot that can use camera optics + computer memory + GPS to plot it's mow-area, it can go up hills and inclines and it can mow at least 1/2 an acre and costs less than $800 bucks retail, then I'll start believing in robots.

Until then, dammit I have to go mow the yard.
I see in My Crystal Ball . . . . a sucking sound .

[Image: iWonCh3.png]

(05-01-2019, 10:39 AM)Heir Wrote: [ -> ]I see in My Crystal Ball . . . . a sucking sound .

[Image: iWonCh3.png]

Granted, rhoombas bounce off things and basically are the model for the robot lawnmower, but they need to seriously upgrade the tech.

I think GPS is not precise enough for this application.

They are going to need to 'train' the robot through cameras eyes that memorize terrain features so it knows when to turn around + GPS as a fail safe if it goes off course. So...the lawnmower will have to have a computer memory.

The fact that they can't make a battery powerful enough to mow 1 acre ought to clue you in about the problem with electric cars. But a lawnmower that could dock and a station that either recharged or swiped the battery would be ok, if it could find it's last mow coordinate and go from there.

Hills would demand all wheel drive.

The vacuum freed women up to return to the work force, the robo-mower would free men up to return to the couch, where we belong.
Just buy a couple of goats.
I just hire people. They mow the lawn, pull weeds, pick up trash, bag everything and set it next to the curb. For like $90 a month. Chuckle
$90 a month?? Damn.

The Mexicans here want $45-$50 a week to do yard work.
(05-01-2019, 11:40 AM)RoadĀ Glide Wrote: [ -> ]Just buy a couple of goats.

' round Here , more something like this would be needed . 60 " er ought to do it . Fer geet the Battery Powered nonsense .

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fww1.prweb.com%2Fprfiles...-3.jpg&f=1]

I ' d still need to trim around the trees and fence lines . . . so why bother with robotics ?? Enjoy the ZT ride and get a little Sun for Boot .

The persistent rains this Spring will have Me running the Farmall Cub anyhows . Gonna get way to tall for the 54 " ZT mower . Already pushing it and have another week of rain on Prognostication . Sunny Sunday coming up . . . . yeah SUUuuuurreeee .

May ' s Our stormy season anyways .

And why do Women insist on English Croquet Lawn Year-round anyways ? Facepalm

We do every other week, and he basically charges $35. It just works out to $90 a month.

But they are Hispanic! This is Texas, after all. ;)
(05-01-2019, 11:49 AM)CupidStunt Wrote: [ -> ]I just hire people. They mow the lawn, pull weeds, pick up trash, bag everything and set it next to the curb. For like $90 a month. Chuckle

No Trabajadores around these parts . Would love to hire a Crew and share a little El Presedente , but there are next to no peeps around here that are for hire .

Plumbers , yes . Two that will come out into the county . . . sometimes . HVAC , one from two Counties over , finally . Electrician . . . forget it .

Finally were able to have the Woman ' s Grounds Keeping Crew out . Those Folks are plum busy . Took near a year for a slot to come up . Did a real fine job , reasonable Price and the Daughters were right easy to look at .

Got the good old Husky riding Mower all serviced up and out of the Garage . They will put it to good use , and such a Freebie !

(05-01-2019, 11:49 AM)CupidStunt Wrote: [ -> ]I just hire people. They mow the lawn, pull weeds, pick up trash, bag everything and set it next to the curb. For like $90 a month.

you're getting a good deal unless your grass doesn't grow that much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4