The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Damn, my oven just crapped out on me ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Stove top works, so does the broiler, but the oven on bake is not working.....
Oven is an old Admiral about 50 years old, knew this would happen someday..
Oh well........
I have a countertop Microwave/Convection oven plus 2 gas grills ....
Cooking is not a problem - just hate my old ass oven gave up the ghost.
Many a dinner was cooked in there (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter ECT....)
(05-01-2019, 04:34 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: [ -> ]I have a countertop Microwave/Convection oven plus 2 gas grills ....

You should be able to get a replacement element for it. If that is what the problem is at least.
(05-01-2019, 04:42 AM)dazedb42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2019, 04:34 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: [ -> ]I have a countertop Microwave/Convection oven plus 2 gas grills ....

You should be able to get a replacement element for it.  If that is what the problem is at least.

Time to put her out to pasture man, and get a new one.
I still am running an Admiral washer and dryer same age ......
(05-01-2019, 04:45 AM)Grendelmort Wrote: [ -> ]

You should be able to get a replacement element for it.  If that is what the problem is at least.

Things used to last longer back in the daze. I know I repaired the leaky outer tub of my washer once with JB weld and got another ten years use out of it.

The lower element and/or Tstat is an easy and fairly inexpensive fix ~ it's really the only things that fail on a stove/oven.
Anybody have their microwave type oven go out on them?

A conventional oven is probably safer to use than a microwave, and lasts a whole lot longer.

You sure won't get 50 years out of any thing you buy today! LOL longevity is NOT in the warranty
(05-01-2019, 10:45 AM)Apache54 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2019, 04:42 AM)dazedb42 Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to get a replacement element for it.  If that is what the problem is at least.

You sure won't get 50 years out of any thing you buy today! LOL  longevity is NOT in the warranty

I was going to say the EXACT same thing! You’re lucky to get a few years of use out of just about anything made nowadays. I’ve gotten lucky in some respects - when my refrigerator crapped out on me (one month out of warranty, might I add) the repairman was SUPER cool and said he would order the $500 motherboard replacement and mark it under warranty so I didn’t have to pay anything. I slipped him a $100 tip - and it’s been running fine for 6+ years. Not so fortunate with washing machines, I’m on #3 in 12 years. Ham

It’s usually the electronic components that go out nowadays, and they are EXPENSIVE to replace. Almost the same price to buy a new XYZ.
Pages: 1 2 3 4