The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Oliver North steps down as NRA president amid dispute over 'damaging' information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Retired U.S. Marine Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North will step down as president of the National Rifle Association, North said on Saturday, adding he was being forced out due to his allegations that NRA leaders engaged in financial improprieties.

In a letter read to the organization’s annual meeting in Indianapolis by an NRA board member, North, a conservative commentator best known for his central role in the 1980s Iran-Contra affair, said he had hoped to stand for re-election when his term ends on Monday.
“I am now informed that will not happen,” North said in the letter.
His departure came after NRA Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre accused North of trying to oust him by threatening to release “damaging” information about him, according to a letter from LaPierre to NRA board members that was published by the Wall Street Journal on Friday.
NRA officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

North, 75, who was named by the NRA as its president in May 2018, was a pivotal figure in the Iran-Contra affair involving secret sales of arms to Iran by Republican President Ronald Reagan’s administration and the unlawful diversion of the proceeds to Nicaraguan rebels.

Cite: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-g...me=topNews

National Rifle Association President Oliver North will not be serving a second term, according to a letter he wrote that was read aloud by an NRA board member at the organization's annual convention.
"Please know I hoped to be with you today as NRA president endorsed for reelection," North wrote in his letter, which was read Saturday morning by Richard Childress, a vice president at the NRA. "I'm now informed that will not happen."
The development came after some NRA members tried to force out top executive Wayne LaPierre, who has been the face of the organization for years, The Associated Press reported. Earlier this week, LaPierre wrote a letter to the board claiming North sought to oust him and threatened to release "damaging" information about him. The letter was published by The Wall Street Journal on Friday.
The Journal reported that North had written a letter of his own claiming he was working for the good of the NRA.

Cite: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nra-preside...cond-term/
This is so sad.

I liked both North and LaPierre. I don't know what to believe, but I DON'T like to see "fractures" within this fine organization. I hope they're not involved in "hinky business."
I saw this earlier.  Seems Wayne may be embezzling funds...if Ollie is correct.

I think James Woods would be an excellent choice to replace North
(04-27-2019, 02:56 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this earlier.  Seems Wayne may be embezzling funds...if Ollie is correct.

I like James Woods, he'd do a good job.
(04-27-2019, 02:56 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this earlier.  Seems Wayne may be embezzling funds...if Ollie is correct.

That doesn't seem like something Woods would be into. Could be wrong.