The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Last living Doolittle Raider dies in Texas at 103
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
AUSTIN, Texas — Retired Lt. Col. Richard “Dick” Cole, the last living participant of World War II’s Doolittle Raid, died in San Antonio on Tuesday. He was 103.

Cole was one of 80 members of the first U.S. strike against Japanese mainland targets in World War II, credited for bringing optimism of winning the war to the American people.

“There’s another hole in our formation,” Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David L. Goldfein wrote on Facebook about Cole’s passing. “Our last remaining Doolittle Raider has slipped the surly bonds of Earth, and has reunited with his fellow Raiders. And what a reunion they must be having.”

A resident of Comfort, Texas, Cole was recently hospitalized at Brooke Army Medical Center, where he died Tuesday morning, said Robert Whetstone, the hospital’s spokesman.

Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson expressed her condolences on Twitter.

“My heart goes out to his friends & family as our Air Force mourns with them. We will honor him & the courageous Doolittle Raiders as pioneers in aviation who continue to guide our bright future,” she wrote.
More...
https://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/la...3-1.576369
Could even 1000 SJW`s do 1% of what this AMERICAN HERO did???Not a chance @Apache54
I'm afraid that when these guys all drop off, there won't be anything left of this country. We fought off about four madmen of the day, but now there are more of them every day.
(04-21-2019, 07:06 PM)counterintelligence Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid that when these guys all drop off, there won't be anything left of this country.  We fought off about four madmen of the day, but now there are more of them every day.

You should see the Soy Boys around here. They're in complete crisis melt down when the battery in their smart phone is low. The local girl scouts could enslave them with a phone charger.

They would never fight a war.
(04-21-2019, 07:32 PM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2019, 07:06 PM)counterintelligence Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid that when these guys all drop off, there won't be anything left of this country.  We fought off about four madmen of the day, but now there are more of them every day.

You should see the Soy Boys around here. They're in complete crisis melt down when the battery in their smart phone is low. The local girl scouts could enslave them with a phone charger.

What really saddens me is this country could take a hit that would make 9/11 look miniscule. And your Soy Boys would be leading protests against our retaliation.
(04-21-2019, 07:44 PM)Red Auroras Wrote: [ -> ]

What really saddens me is this country could take a hit that would make 9/11 look miniscule. And your Soy Boys would be leading protests against our retaliation.

My dad was out quail hunting when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. He had just taken his Brogan's off when he turned on the radio and heard that Pearl Harbor had been bombed. He joined the Marines shortly there after. He was a senior vice president of a real estate development firm in Jacksonville, FL. He chunked it all for the war. I will never forget when he told me he had made all through the war but when he was staged to invade Japan, he gave himself up for dead. They heard shortly that an atom bomb had been deployed on Japan. They didn't have a clue what that was but they learned that was what ended the war.
(04-21-2019, 07:44 PM)Red Auroras Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, most are here from other states. They came for college or tech jobs and stayed. To say they are a disappointment would be an understatement. They're a bunch of Winning Wussy boys. And, they hate Trump. Obama was a god like figure to that group.

I could go on about the bunch I've talked with at work but, you've heard my rants in the past. They are pretty useless.
(04-21-2019, 07:44 PM)Red Auroras Wrote: [ -> ]

The soy boys would be the next to lead this country, what would be left of it, or they would lead just enough to finish it off. Of course, the current cronies, didn't do anything to keep it going...and the soy boys are just there to submit to whoever wants to be in control...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ep7W89I_V_g
(04-21-2019, 08:04 PM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]Well, most are here from other states. They came for college or tech jobs and stayed. To say they are a disappointment would be an understatement. They're a bunch of Winning Wussy boys. And, they hate Trump. Obama was a god like figure to that group.

I could go on about the bunch I've talked with at work but, you've heard my rants in the past. They are pretty useless.

Chuckle Hate to break it to ya. But the left coast doesn't have a monopoly on your WW/SB's. And while people (myself included) rant about robotics replacing man and machine in the armed forces, it's quickly becoming a necessity. The numbers just aren't there and I get to hear about the lack of warm bodies every day.
@Hazmat Great catch to post this story....would have hated to not have been aware of his passing.

This is important American history. Thanks.
(04-21-2019, 06:45 PM)Hazmat Wrote: [ -> ]AUSTIN, Texas — Retired Lt. Col. Richard “Dick” Cole, the last living participant of World War II’s Doolittle Raid, died in San Antonio on Tuesday. He was 103.

Cole was one of 80 members of the first U.S. strike against Japanese mainland targets in World War II, credited for bringing optimism of winning the war to the American people.

“There’s another hole in our formation,” Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. David L. Goldfein wrote on Facebook about Cole’s passing. “Our last remaining Doolittle Raider has slipped the surly bonds of Earth, and has reunited with his fellow Raiders. And what a reunion they must be having.”

A resident of Comfort, Texas, Cole was recently hospitalized at Brooke Army Medical Center, where he died Tuesday morning, said Robert Whetstone, the hospital’s spokesman.

Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson expressed her condolences on Twitter.

“My heart goes out to his friends & family as our Air Force mourns with them. We will honor him & the courageous Doolittle Raiders as pioneers in aviation who continue to guide our bright future,” she wrote.
More...
https://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/la...3-1.576369
Could even 1000 SJW`s do 1% of what this AMERICAN HERO did???Not a chance @Apache54

Agreed!,
thanks!!
Pages: 1 2