The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: The Scrooge movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ice1986

My sister, my niece and I were watching Scrooge.

I told her, that I understand, that the Character "Scrooge" is actually the culture of the British Parliament, of the 1800s...
And that it is designed to make people think about greed, and bad attitudes about the poor...

But this isn't the 1800s... We're living in the human world of today, which is a much more dangerous world....

There are three old sayings, that still ring true today.

Nice people finish last...

If I could cure the ills of the world, I'd be looking at a statue of myself out there on town square...

And no good deed goes unpunished.

I'm 32 years old...
And both of my parents are dead...

How many people do you want me to adopt the children of, before I grow broke myself ?

They're not just poor of the pocket.
Poor pockets, are only one single part of a poor life.

They are products of poor influences...
They make poor decisions.
They make very simple minded, short sighted choices.
And if they had an education, they wouldn't be poor.

So there are ramifications to me attempting to help them... Which could even include me being killed...

The world is not a nice place, nor is it a movie.

:P
(04-20-2019, 01:36 AM)Ice1986 Wrote: [ -> ]My sister, my niece and I were watching Scrooge.

I told her, that I understand, that the Character "Scrooge" is actually the culture of the British Parliament, of the 1800s...
And that it is designed to make people think about greed, and bad attitudes about the poor...

But this isn't the 1800s... We're living in the human world of today, which is a much more dangerous world....

There are three old sayings, that still ring true today.

Nice people finish last...

If I could cure the ills of the world, I'd be looking at a statue of myself out there on town square...

And no good deed goes unpunished.

I'm 32 years old...
And both of my parents are dead...

How many people do you want me to adopt the children of, before I grow broke myself ?

There not just poor of the pocket.
Poor pockets, are only one single part of a poor life.

They are products of poor influences...
They make poor decisions.
They make very simple minded, short sighted choices.
And if they had an education, they wouldn't be poor.

So there are ramifications to me attempting to help them... Which could even include me being killed...

The world is not a nice place, nor is it a movie.

:P

You are good, bro.
Sorry I posted wrong @roamer

SHit is hart