The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Confederate Statue in the Capitol’s Statuary Hall Being Replaced With Johnny Cash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two Confederate statues are being replaced in the Statuary Hall at the U.S. Capitol, with civil-rights activist Daisy Gatson Bates and musician Johnny Cash.

Arkansas Governor has signed Act 581, which will replace the statues of Arkansas attorney Uriah M. Rose and former Gov. James P. Clarke.

The bill passed a vote in the State’s House by 71-12.

Clarke, who was once a US Senator, held segregationist views and Rose had sided with the Confederacy. Their statues on Capitol Hill have caused controversy in recent times. They are two of 13 statues of figures with ties to the Confederacy in the Statuary Hall, according to a report from the Washington Post.

Each state is allowed to have two statues on display and are permitted to replace them as long as they cover the costs.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/04...hnny-cash/
Well thats cause they want to get rid of memories of the confederacy, I wonder what they will do with the Dukes of Hazzard. I wonder if thats why I haven't seen any reruns.

I always did like Johnny Cash, it was the first album I ever bought, I saved my 50 cent a week allowance and bought it, it was $7 so it took me awhile. I never was too keen on buying candy though. My sister liked candy though, so I would eat hers, and I always had money so she would borrow mine. hahahahahaha

[Image: 0VbOW9C.gif]
(04-17-2019, 08:50 PM)Talon Wrote: [ -> ]Two Confederate statues are being replaced in the Statuary Hall at the U.S. Capitol, with civil-rights activist Daisy Gatson Bates and musician Johnny Cash.

Arkansas Governor has signed Act 581, which will replace the statues of Arkansas attorney Uriah M. Rose and former Gov. James P. Clarke.

The bill passed a vote in the State’s House by 71-12.

Clarke, who was once a US Senator, held segregationist views and Rose had sided with the Confederacy. Their statues on Capitol Hill have caused controversy in recent times. They are two of 13 statues of figures with ties to the Confederacy in the Statuary Hall, according to a report from the Washington Post.

Each state is allowed to have two statues on display and are permitted to replace them as long as they cover the costs.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/04...hnny-cash/
[Image: Bert-face-palm.jpg]
A statue created after this photo?

[Image: Cash-finger-2.jpg]

Photo copyright Jim Marshall Estate 2015
(04-17-2019, 10:09 PM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]A statue created after this photo?

You were reading my mind.
(04-17-2019, 10:18 PM)Pure Rock fury Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2019, 10:09 PM)MaximalGravity Wrote: [ -> ]A statue created after this photo?

You were reading my mind.

That was Cash's message to the Warden of Folsom Prison, recorded by Jim. People have attributed it to many other things. All BS.