The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Georgetown Students Approve Mandatory Fee For Slavery Reparations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Students at Georgetown University have approved a measure to mandate a $27.20 per semester fee to create a fund that would benefit the descendants of the 272 slaves the college sold in 1838 to pay off the Georgetown Jesuits' debt, a move which saved the university from financial ruin, according to ABC News.

The measure, which still must be approved by the university, passed with 66% voting yes.

The results of the referendum are as follows: 66.08% for yes (2541 votes), 33.92% for no (1304 votes). This means that the referendum passes.
— GUSA Elections (@GUSAElections) April 12, 2019
The slaves were sold in 1838 for $17,000 (approximately $465,000 adjusted for inflation).

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-1...eparations
Damned idiots.
Is this to be taxpayer funded?
So the college feels it owes this debt. To repay it, they add a fee to make students pay for it. I fail to see how the college feels this absolves them of any injustice they have done. They aren't paying it.
No Irish that I see . No " Reconciliation " fer Me .

What . . . Maryland Jesuits Racist ?

( Clowns to the left of Me Jokers to the right , here I am . . . )    

Facepalm
It better be just for Southerns...... Chuckle

Long live the Union....except if I have to pay Reparations.... Smileyfud
(04-12-2019, 08:01 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: [ -> ]It better be just for Southerns...... Chuckle

Angry
(04-12-2019, 08:03 PM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2019, 08:01 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: [ -> ]It better be just for Southerns...... Chuckle

Angry

Chuckle
(04-12-2019, 08:08 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2019, 08:03 PM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]

Angry

Chuckle

Yeah you carpet baggers are going to have to pay as well. Chuckle
Pages: 1 2