The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Outed CIA spy Valerie Plame set for Senate run as Democrat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The 2nd video is her 12 years ago at the CIA leak hearings.

Valerie Plame, the former CIA officer who shot to fame when she was outed during George W. Bush’s presidency, is poised to run for U.S. Senate in New Mexico.
The ex-spy told the Washington Examiner Friday that she would run as a Democrat and would "like another opportunity to serve my country."
An early problem for Plame, 55, will be a 2017 anti-Semitism scandal. The subject will be tricky to navigate after the recent controversy involving anti-Semitic comments by Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., which led to Speak Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., warning of "bigoted or dangerous ideologies masquerading as policy."

Plame was forced to apologize after sharing on Twitter an anti-Semitic article from the UNZ Review entitled "America's Jews Are Driving America's Wars." The article stated that Jews "own the media," that they should wear labels while on national television, and that their beliefs were as dangerous as "a bottle of rat poison."
Her initial response was: "First of all, calm down. Re-tweets don't imply endorsement. Yes, very provocative, but thoughtful. Many neocon hawks ARE Jewish." But she later added: "OK folks, look, I messed up. I skimmed this piece, zeroed in on the neocon criticism, and shared it without seeing and considering the rest."
She later apologized and resigned from the board of the Ploughshares Fund, which provides grants for projects aimed at preventing the spread of nuclear weapons. But in the space of three years she had posted nine UNZ articles including one titled "Why I Still Dislike Israel" and another about "Dancing Israelis" on 9/11.
Plame has been a strident critic of President Trump, launching a GoFundMe effort to buy a stake and ban Trump from the platform. It raised $89,719 toward its $1 billion goal. She has been active in Democratic politics since moving to Santa Fe, N.M., in 2007, after the scandal over the leak of her identity. She hosted a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton’s super PAC in 2014 and another fundraiser for Clinton’s presidential campaign in 2015.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...s-democrat

The ex-spy moved to New Mexico in 2007 after making headline following her outing during the Bush presidency. Journalist Robert Novak revealed Plame’s identity in a 2003 column that cited “two administrative officials” as sources. Plame claimed the revelation was payback from the Bush administration for an op-ed authored by her then-husband, former U.S. ambassador Joe Wilson, that questioned the intelligence used to invade Iraq.
Lewis “Scooter” Libby, former chief of staff to Vice President Dick Cheney, was convicted in 2007 of perjury, obstruction of justice and making false statements in connection with the leak. He was pardoned last year by President Trump. Plame later wrote a best-selling memoir, "Fair Game," about the ordeal that was made into a movie.

Cite: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/outed-c...senate-bid

Valerie Plame

An undercover CIA operative specializing in weapons of mass destruction, Plame was unmasked in July 2003 by columnist Robert D. Novak after her husband, Joseph Wilson, criticized President Bush for stating that former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein bought nuclear weapons-grade uranium in the African nation of Niger. The revelation set off an investigation into whether White House officials broke a 1982 law prohibiting the disclosure of the identities of covert CIA officers when they revealed Plame's status to Novak and other reporters.
In July 2006, Plame sued Cheney, Rove and Libby, accusing them and other White House officials of conspiring to destroy her career.

Joseph C. Wilson IV

Joseph Wilson is the husband of Valerie Plame, a covert CIA operative who was unmasked in July 2003 by columnist Robert D. Novak, after Wilson criticized President Bush for stating that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein bought nuclear weapons-grade uranium in the African nation of Niger. The revelation set off an investigation into whether White House officials broke a 1982 law prohibiting the disclosure of the identities of covert CIA officers when they revealed Plame's status to Novak and other reporters.
In February 2002, Wilson, a former ambassador under the first President Bush, was asked by the CIA and other agencies to investigate claims that Iraq had attempted to buy uranium yellowcake from Niger. Wilson said he found the claims to be false and that his reports to administration officials reflected that finding.
In a July 6, 2003, opinion piece for the New York Times the ex-diplomat criticized President Bush for stating in his January 2003 State of the Union address that Iraq was seeking to buy nuclear material in Niger. Wilson wrote, "If my information was deemed inaccurate, I understand. If the information was ignored because it did not fit certain preconceptions about Iraq, then a legitimate argument can be made that we went to war under false pretenses."
Days later Novak's column identified Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, as a CIA "operative on weapons of mass destruction." Wilson charged that the move was an attempt at intimidation by the Bush administration in retaliation for his criticism.
In his memoir, "The Politics of Truth," Wilson wrote that his wife "would never be able to regain the anonymity and secrecy that her professional life had required; she would not be able to return to her discreet work on some of the most sensitive threats to our society in the foreseeable future, and perhaps ever."
WHITE HOUSE

Lewis "Scooter" Libby - Chief of Staff, Office of the Vice President

Vice President Cheney's top aide, Libby was found guilty of lying about his role in the leak of Plame's identity, two counts of perjury, one count of making false statements and one count of obstruction of justice on March 6, 2007. He was acquitted of a single count of lying to the FBI. On July 2, President Bush commuted Libby's sentence, after a federal appeals court refused to let Libby remain free while he appealed his conviction for lying to federal investigators.
In his testimony before the grand jury investigating the Plame affair, Libby reportedly testified that he learned Wilson's wife was in the CIA from NBC correspondent Tim Russert, who denied providing the information to Libby. According to the New York Times, documents show that Libby may have first learned about Plame from Cheney.
The charges stem from whether Libby tried to impede the special prosecutor's inquiry by withholding information about conversations he had with the vice president about Plame. After the charges were announced, Libby resigned his post. He pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Read more.... http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/pol...ayers.html
She would have made a good Republican, but I believe Republicans scarred her for life...

Screw Scooter Libby, never liked that guy....
She still looks as hot as she did 12 years ago. Sorry I'm a guy and it popped in my mind when I saw the two videos of her now and 12 years ago.
Blonde women are lucky cause when their hair fades it doesn't show as much i don't think. I went out with this 64 year old blonde that used to be a model for a while but she was in excellent health and took care of herself, and the thing is with her being blonde, she didn't look as old as she was either. lol

Oh, I should share this sometime. I found the fruit that keeps your hair from going white if you eat one a day. its the tangerine. I know its true cause I know someone my age who eats a few tangerines a day and her hair is still dark.

It's no secret that citrus fruits are high in vitamin C, so grabbing an orange, grapefruit, guava, or the like will definitely bring added benefits. Tangerines in particular are in that category and though they be but little, they are mighty.
Nutritionist Frida Harju-Westman told PureWow that they can delay gray hairs a bit longer. Truly! Because of the vitamins in tangerines, your body can seriously benefit. "Vitamin C helps the body produce more collagen, while vitamin A helps the hair stay hydrated by increasing the production of sebum," Frida shared.
Tangerines' B12 "can [also] help slow the graying process," which occurs when the body lacks said vitamin, causing it to produce hydrogen peroxide-AKA turn gray. Therefore, more B12 (tangerines), less grays. Woo!
While gorgeous skin and hair are definitely perks of eating tangerines every day for the rest of your life, that's certainly not the only benefit.

Cite: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/tangerin...00425.html