The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Illegal to abandon tied-up dogs during hurricanes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bill would make it illegal to abandon tied-up dogs during hurricanes

Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 4:00PM
A proposed Florida animal welfare measure would make it illegal for pet owners to leave their dogs behind during a hurricane and other extreme weather scenarios.

Senate Bill 1738 would prohibit people from leaving a dog tied up and unattended outdoors during both man-made and natural disasters, such as hurricanes, tropical storms or tornadoes, after a warning has been issued by the National Weather Service or an evacuation order has been issued by local officials.

The bill, filed by Florida lawmaker Joe Gruters earlier this month, would authorize veterinarians to report suspected violations without notifying the owner. It states that those who abandon restrained animals "commit animal cruelty" and will be subject to a fine up to $5,000 and a first-degree animal cruelty charge punishable by up to a year in prison.

"We want to give these dogs a fighting chance," Gruters said, according to the Palm Beach Post.

https://abc11.com/bill-would-make-it-ill...s/5208264/

Dramasquirrel

T-Dub

It's a fucking shame this even has to be a law.
We have to legislate common sense for the people who have none.
(03-21-2019, 08:07 AM)T-Dub Wrote: [ -> ]It's a fucking shame this even has to be a law.

No way would I ever leave my dog, now the wife Thinking j/k
(03-21-2019, 08:07 AM)T-Dub Wrote: [ -> ]It's a fucking shame this even has to be a law.

But feel free to execute your pre-born or just-born baby. No problem... Scratchinghead

T-Dub

(03-21-2019, 08:12 AM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]

Lock them both in the trunk of your car. Come back in 2 hours and look who's glad to see you. Chuckle

I would enjoy just tying up these "dog owners" for a week or two like they do their dogs and put a dog house at the maximum limit of the tether and a grimy bowl of water and one for food in the dead of winter or hottest days of summer.
(03-21-2019, 08:15 AM)T-Dub Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2019, 08:12 AM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]

Lock them both in the trunk of your car. Come back in 2 hours and look who's glad to see you. Chuckle

Lmao

T-Dub

(03-21-2019, 08:14 AM)Kadosh Wrote: [ -> ]

But feel free to execute your pre-born or just-born baby. No problem...  Scratchinghead

Point taken,,,,

GREAT POST!!!!!
you nailed that one!!
Pages: 1 2 3