The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: I See Dead People
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I See Dead People: Dreams and Visions of the Dying

Dr. Christopher Kerr speaks at a Dec 2, 2015 TEDx event Buffalo, New York. Dr. Christopher W. Kerr is the Chief Medical Officer at The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care, where he has worked since 1999. His background in research has evolved from bench science towards the human experience of illness as witnessed from the bedside, specifically patients’ dreams and visions at the end of life. Although medically ignored, these near universal experiences often provide comfort and meaning as well as insight into the life led and the death anticipated. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.

They’re Waiting For Us On the Other Side
We tend to look at death as the end of a life, but surely there’s more to the story than that . And while we know that people have very similar stories to tell after a near-death experience, often speaking of a tunnel of light and then being returned to the mortal world, we rarely consider what happens to our dreams as we approach the end .
(03-03-2019, 06:50 PM)CSB Wrote: [ -> ]I See Dead People: Dreams and Visions of the Dying

Dr. Christopher Kerr speaks at a Dec 2, 2015 TEDx event Buffalo, New York. Dr. Christopher W. Kerr is the Chief Medical Officer at The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care, where he has worked since 1999. His background in research has evolved from bench science towards the human experience of illness as witnessed from the bedside, specifically patients’ dreams and visions at the end of life. Although medically ignored, these near universal experiences often provide comfort and meaning as well as insight into the life led and the death anticipated. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.

We tend to look at death as the end of a life, but surely there’s more to the story than that . And while we know that people have very similar stories to tell after a near-death experience, often speaking of a tunnel of light and then being returned to the mortal world, we rarely consider what happens to our dreams as we approach the end .

My father appeared at the foot of my bed 1 week after he passed from cancer - 75 Y/O. He looked to be in his prime 25 Y/O - think 50`s wedding pictures - , hale, hearty, powerful and floating/glowing from the waste down. I said to him "why did you have to die?" his answer was "I was called"
He smiled, turned and was gone...My grief was gone in that instant. I don`t share this much, my mother doesn`t even know this.
I've seen over 15 of my past lives & have helped others to witness hundreds of theirs.
I've 'rescued' hundreds of lost spirits.
Based on these experiences alone, there's no doubt in my mind that we live life after life.
If we truly are Children of God made in His/Her image, then we are also eternal beings.

They certainly are waiting for us on the other side.
Although I've spent a lot of time with the terminally ill & been with a patient at their death many times, the one that stands out is when an old WWII vet was a fellow hospital patient.

The old vet was a top bloke who I got to know for around a week.
Every night his daughter would come with her kids to visit. Old Herb* was always happy to see his family. As they left each night he would happily wave them off, saying 'See you tomorrow'.

Then one night my girlfriend nudged me & pointed her head towards Herb (I was in heaps of pain & too bombed out on morphine to notice) As he was saying goodbye to his family, he was weeping & terribly upset.
Both my girlfriend & I understood; Herb knew that his time was coming to an end.

In the early hours of the next morning, old Herb woke the patient in the bed next to him saying quite excitedly, "Bill* I want you to meet my army mates" Off course Bill, just awoken from a deep sleep, wondered what the hell was going on.
I pushed my buzzer & a nurse rushed in, seeing the problem, helped Herb back to bed.
The sad thing was the expression on Herbs face, as he couldn't understand why Bill had rebuffed his mates.

Those who fight side by side develop a very deep bond & most of all, trust.
That night, in the hours leading up to Herb passing over to the other side, the very people that he learnt to entrust his life on the battlefield, came to reunite & show him the way home.

*Not real name (because I can't recall)
A few days before my grandmother died I had a dream I was sitting on a pier and seal swam up to me. The seal reached out her flipper and set some earring down. Then she ask if I could help put them in because seals don't have fingers so she couldn't do it herself. I said sure, I would help and picked them up. Then I was all "wait, seals don't have earlobes either" and she said "your right!" and we both started laughing. I woke up laughing. At the funeral my aunt, who my grandmother lived with then, took those exact earring out of her purse. She said my grandmother gave them to her and ask her to give them to me right before they left for the hospital. I had never seen them before. No one remembered my grandma ever wearing them and no one knows where they came from.
(03-03-2019, 07:21 PM)Hazmat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2019, 06:50 PM)CSB Wrote: [ -> ]I See Dead People: Dreams and Visions of the Dying

My father appeared at the foot of my bed 1 week after he passed from cancer - 75 Y/O. He looked to be in his prime 25 Y/O - think 50`s wedding pictures - , hale, hearty, powerful and floating/glowing from the waste down. I said to him "why did you have to die?" his answer was "I was called"
He smiled, turned and was gone...My grief was gone in that instant. I don`t share this much, my mother doesn`t even know this.

For me your story gives me something to believe in . Thanks for being open to sharing it .
(03-03-2019, 07:47 PM)Legion Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen over 15 of my past lives & have helped others to witness hundreds of theirs.
I've 'rescued' hundreds of lost spirits.
Based on these experiences alone, there's no doubt in my mind that we live life after life.
If we truly are Children of God made in His/Her image, then we are also eternal beings.

They certainly are waiting for us on the other side.
Although I've spent a lot of time with the terminally ill & been with a patient at their death many times, the one that stands out is when an old WWII vet was a fellow hospital patient.

The old vet was a top bloke who I got to know for around a week.
Every night his daughter would come with her kids to visit. Old Herb* was always happy to see his family. As they left each night he would happily wave them off, saying 'See you tomorrow'.

Then one night my girlfriend nudged me & pointed her head towards Herb (I was in heaps of pain & too bombed out on morphine to notice) As he was saying goodbye to his family, he was weeping & terribly upset.
Both my girlfriend & I understood; Herb knew that his time was coming to an end.

In the early hours of the next morning, old Herb woke the patient in the bed next to him saying quite excitedly, "Bill* I want you to meet my army mates" Off course Bill, just awoken from a deep sleep, wondered what the hell was going on.
I pushed my buzzer & a nurse rushed in, seeing the problem, helped Herb back to bed.
The sad thing was the expression on Herbs face, as he couldn't understand why Bill had rebuffed his mates.

Those who fight side by side develop a very deep bond & most of all, trust.
That night, in the hours leading up to Herb passing over to the other side, the very people that he learnt to entrust his life on the battlefield, came to reunite & show him the way home.

*Not real name (because I can't recall)

Jeezuzz You have brought a tear to my eye, TY...Friend
(03-03-2019, 07:49 PM)LucyBarnable Wrote: [ -> ]A few days before my grandmother died I had a dream I was sitting on a pier and seal swam up to me. The seal reached out her flipper and set some earring down. Then she ask if I could help put them in because seals don't have fingers so she couldn't do it herself. I said sure, I would help and picked them up. Then I was all "wait, seals don't have earlobes either" and she said "your right!" and we both started laughing. I woke up laughing. At the funeral my aunt, who my grandmother lived with then, took those exact earring out of her purse. She said my grandmother gave them to her and ask her to give them to me right before they left for the hospital. I had never seen them before. No one remembered my grandma ever wearing them and no one knows where they came from.

Kinda mind blowing story ! Thanks for sharing .
Heartflowers
War is the greatest ripper of families and hearts...
It is said that many, if not most, know when their time is near.
There's heaps of reports where a patient has been comatose or unresponsive for days, or longer, who suddenly awake & start interacting with others not long before they pass over. Often a patient will say that a passed loved one is with them.

A good example of someone clearly knowing that the hour was near, was a patient under my mothers care when in her first year of training as a nurse.
Thanks to her training & a level head, my mother was excellent in an emergency (Just as well because my father was bloody useless)
Wondering if anything rattled her when I was a kid, I asked her if she ever faced something that she couldn't handle.
She replied that due to her training she was too busy doing her duties to have time to freak out.

Like many people however, she feared witnessing a death. In her first year of training, she often prayed that she had the strength to cope with death.
One Winters night, it was cold with heavy rain. An elderly patient said "I'm going home nurse." Concerned, my mother told him that he was way too sick to leave & besides, the hour is late & it's cold & raining. The old bloke calmly yet firmly repeated "I'm going home nurse".
Not knowing what to do she went & told the head nurse. They both went to the old patients bed & he had quietly passed.

One thing that I've often noticed that is encouraging (to those who are frightened of dying) is that many patients who are shit scared of death, lose that fear in their final hours.
(03-03-2019, 08:14 PM)Legion Wrote: [ -> ]It is said that many, if not most, know when their time is near.
There's heaps of reports where a patient has been comatose or unresponsive for days, or longer, who suddenly awake & start interacting with others not long before they pass over. Often a patient will say that a passed loved one is with them.

A good example of someone clearly knowing that the hour was near, was a patient under my mothers care when in her first year of training as a nurse.
Thanks to her training & a level head, my mother was excellent in an emergency (Just as well because my father was bloody useless)
Wondering if anything rattled her when I was a kid, I asked her if she ever faced something that she couldn't handle.
She replied that due to her training she was too busy doing her duties to have time to freak out.

Like many people however, she feared witnessing a death. In her first year of training, she often prayed that she had the strength to cope with death.
One Winters night, it was cold with heavy rain. An elderly patient said "I'm going home nurse." Concerned, my mother told him that he was way too sick to leave & besides, the hour is late & it's cold & raining. The old bloke calmly yet firmly repeated "I'm going home nurse".
Not knowing what to do she went & told the head nurse. They both went to the old patients bed & he had quietly passed.

One thing that I've often noticed that is encouraging (to those who are frightened of dying) is that many patients who are shit scared of death, lose that fear in their final hours.

Praise to you @Legion
Pages: 1 2