The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Nike shares slide in pre-market trading after Zion Williamson's sneaker malfunction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Shares in sportswear giant Nike are sliding in pre-market trading Thursday after a star college athlete was injured when his sneaker malfunctioned during a high profile basketball game.

Duke University's Zion Williamson, who is expected to be number one pick in the upcoming NBA draft, was injured after his Nike 2.5 PE's exploded just 33 seconds into a game against key rivals North Carolina.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nike-sha...ion-2019-2

Karma for the company that made Colin Kaepernick their poster boy.

Yeah3
Chinese made garbage.
They're not PE 2.5 they're Paul George's shoes. (PG 2.5) I have a pair that I really like.  The media gets it wrong again.  It's funny watching kids faces when I'm rockin $150 Nikes.
Yeah3
(02-21-2019, 08:41 AM)WNC Wrote: [ -> ]Chinese made garbage.

Nike has a custom shop where you can design your own shoes. I had a pair hung up in customs for several days after I ordered them.

I haven't bought any since the Kaepernick thing. Probably go with Addidas or New Balance. NB are made in the USA
http://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1...6067812355

How does a college kid pay for insurance like that?
(02-21-2019, 08:55 AM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]Probably go with Addidas or New Balance.  NB are made in the USA

Only some of the NB are made here, so look at them first. But that's what I replaced my Nike's with.
Okay...wait...

His Nike's EXPLODED? what?
(02-21-2019, 09:19 AM)Mmmkay_Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]Okay...wait...

His Nike's EXPLODED? what?

There's video but he planted a foot and the side of the shoe ripped out

POS Obama was there

https://youtu.be/QWtObstsKdE
I have been buying the SAME Nike shoe in two versions since 1991, the Nike Monarch.

[Image: i1kO9Sk.png]
[Image: vKxY6HB.png]

It has been a great shoe, an INCREDIBLE shoe, actually, until the last four pairs because the sole comes apart. I called NIKE last year and complained that something is wrong with the way they are making the soles and they come apart and they sent me a new pair...which the sole IS NOW COMING APART AGAIN in exactly the same way an I was gathering up the energy to call and really complain this time and now this NIKE shoe "explodes" on a basketball player live on TV!?

Thinking
(02-21-2019, 09:29 AM)Mmmkay_Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]I have been buying the SAME Nike shoe in two versions since 1991, the Nike Monarch.

[Image: i1kO9Sk.png]
[Image: vKxY6HB.png]

It has been a great shoe, an INCREDIBLE shoe, actually, until the last four pairs because the sole comes apart. I called NIKE last year and complained that something is wrong with the way they are making the soles and they come apart and they sent me a new pair...which the sole IS NOW COMING APART AGAIN in exactly the same way an I was gathering up the energy to call and really complain this time and now this NIKE shoe "explodes" on a basketball player live on TV!?

Thinking

When a damn shoe costs that much you expect them to last a while. I don't even wear mine once a week so they should last years but they don't. I have good work boots that last longer, cost less and I wear those every day
Pages: 1 2