The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: This Story Made My Morning. 79-Year-Old Woman Holds Off Burglar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
JACKSON COUNTY, Georgia — A frantic 911 call paints a picture of the terrifying moments a 79-year-old woman fended off a burglar as he tried to get inside her Jackson County home.

It was just after noon on Feb. 12 when the woman called 911, and shot at the 20-year-old suspect twice - while she was still on the phone with 911. She was able to fend him off until deputies arrived to arrest him.

She shouts at the burglar though the back door: "Okay, come on! I got something for you!"  Chuckle

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/with-2...no2gFRQirU

She should've shot him but, at least she saved herself.
Good for her. One of my friends, she got divorced and bought a townhouse. One morning she woke up and there was some guy in her house robbing it. I guess when she went after him, he took off. I think crime is getting worse as economic conditions are deteriorating.
Even after she fired the first shot, he still  tried to get in.  He was fixin' to get her.  She's a very lucky lady.   Yeah3
I love stories where women or kids defend themselves with a gun.

[Image: hlWu0sr.jpg]
(02-20-2019, 12:00 PM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]Even after she fired the first shot, he still  tried to get in.  He was fixin' to get her.  She's a very lucky lady.   Yeah3

Yes she is lucky,
To bad she did not permanently remove the bad guy as he will do just do it to some other person. and she could have been justified for it!
(02-20-2019, 11:47 AM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]She was able to fend him off until deputies arrived to arrest him.

When seconds count... "For nearly 10 minutes, the woman and her pistol took control of the home invasion..."
Any questions???
(02-20-2019, 04:17 PM)Red Auroras Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2019, 11:47 AM)Suzy Q Wrote: [ -> ]She was able to fend him off until deputies arrived to arrest him.

When seconds count... "For nearly 10 minutes, the woman and her pistol took control of the home invasion..."
Any questions???

10 minutes for some areas is a great response time, she did great,
I live remote and for me anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours would be the response time, and 30 minutes would be rare! LOL
(02-20-2019, 04:32 PM)Apache54 Wrote: [ -> ]10 minutes for some areas is a great response time, she did great,
I live remote and for me anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours would be the response time, and 30 minutes would be rare! LOL

And from our previous convos, I'm confident you're at least as well prepped as ol' girl was. But this all simply reminds me of a similar incident long ago when a homeowner in Sunnyvale was forced to shoot two invaders as they entered the bedroom where he and his family had hidden.

Two bangs and two booms (as the BG's hit the floor) heard on the 911 call. But he was the villian as the cops raved about their "superb" response time of 4min. On the upside, public opinion won out and the DA dropped charges.
I`ve in been her position...twice!
1st time a guy tried to rob me while I was home and on the phone with my GF. I hung up and took a base ball bat to the fucker as he was half in and half out of the window he was coming in through. I chased him for 2 blocks in my sock feet, he got away.
2nd time, another guy, same window, more serious. I had my 12 stored behind a bathroom kick plate and using it would have landed me in jail (Kanaduh). It was very low light so opted for my high powered competition pellet rifle to try bluff this asshole when he got in. So i`m waiting in the shadows and this guy pops into the hallway and I scream "on your knees asshole!" he sees me holding a "rifle" He`s yelling don`t shoot don`t shoot! He lunged at me and grabbed the muzzle and the gun discharges some where into his torso. He goes nuts and is trying to get away. I smashed him across the back bending my beautiful competition pellet rifle into a useless curved "thing"
We start fighting, I use the butt of the rifle on his head as he`s trying to get out of the door and I open him up big time. Blood on the walls and carpet of the hallway. We`re still fighting, he`s trying to get away, I`m trying to detain him. I`m grabbing his clothing which he`s shedding as fast I can grab it.
WE reach the end of the hall way, go through a fire door and tumble down a flight of stairs together. He gets away through the fire door with only his pants and socks.
1 week later I come home and there`s a cinder block tossed through my dining room slider.
Ground floor apartments suck!
I took my rifle and my story to my favorite "toy" store and asked them if it was repairable...
They gave me a brand new one! N/C!!!
If I weren`t in Kanaduh I would have cut that fucker in half with my 12 and dealt with the mess later...
Anyone who would prey on the elderly shouldn't be on this planet.
It's a damn shame she didn't at least wound him.
Good for her tho.
Pages: 1 2 3 4