The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Executive Order on Maintaining American Leadership in Artificial Intelligence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy and Principles. Artificial Intelligence (AI) promises to drive growth of the United States economy, enhance our economic and national security, and improve our quality of life. The United States is the world leader in AI research and development (R&D) and deployment. Continued American leadership in AI is of paramount importance to maintaining the economic and national security of the United States and to shaping the global evolution of AI in a manner consistent with our Nation’s values, policies, and priorities. The Federal Government plays an important role in facilitating AI R&D, promoting the trust of the American people in the development and deployment of AI-related technologies, training a workforce capable of using AI in their occupations, and protecting the American AI technology base from attempted acquisition by strategic competitors and adversarial nations. Maintaining American leadership in AI requires a concerted effort to promote advancements in technology and innovation, while protecting American technology, economic and national security, civil liberties, privacy, and American values and enhancing international and industry collaboration with foreign partners and allies. It is the policy of the United States Government to sustain and enhance the scientific, technological, and economic leadership position of the United States in AI R&D and deployment through a coordinated Federal Government strategy, the American AI Initiative (Initiative), guided by five principles:

more at https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-...elligence/

pretty cool. at least one government is trying to tackle china.
It worries me. I can see AI becoming as destructive or even more so than nukes or bio weapons. The AI is worse because it can potentially control those very same weapons to enforce an agenda of genocide.
(02-19-2019, 05:42 PM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]It worries me. I can see AI becoming as destructive or even more so than nukes or bio weapons. The AI is worse because it can potentially control those very same weapons to enforce an agenda of genocide.

I see it getting way more convoluted in an uncontrolled, insidious spiraling focus of absolute control and annihilation of freedom and liberty and natural evolution.
How many of you are using an AI controlled device right now?
(02-19-2019, 05:51 PM)Mmmkay_Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2019, 05:42 PM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]It worries me. I can see AI becoming as destructive or even more so than nukes or bio weapons. The AI is worse because it can potentially control those very same weapons to enforce an agenda of genocide.

I see it getting way more convoluted in an uncontrolled insidious spiraling goal of absolute control and destruction.

The reality is we have no clue how an advanced AI will think about or how it will perceive the world. Imagine creating an intelligence that can think millions of times faster than you can. It will have instant access to every bit of knowledge on earth. It will also be a child with no role model. A being alone in the universe surrounded by humans that it may see as flies to pull the wings from. It could cause endless chaos and mayhem just to amuse itself.
(02-19-2019, 05:59 PM)Pope Trollalotta Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2019, 05:51 PM)Mmmkay_Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]

I see it getting way more convoluted in an uncontrolled insidious spiraling goal of absolute control and destruction.

The reality is we have no clue how an advanced AI will think about or how it will perceive the world. Imagine creating an intelligence that can think millions of times faster than you can. It will have instant access to every bit of knowledge on earth. It will also be a child with no role model. A being alone in the universe surrounded by humans that it may see as flies to pull the wings from. It could cause endless chaos and mayhem just to amuse itself.

AI is not consciousness, though. It is empty that way. Vacant. It is just programming...by humans. but you know that.... Chuckle
If it comes to understand the deeper subconscious psychology of humans, then that is kind of disconcerting.
Tho from what I have studied of the "Archons", They sound very much like AI.
Meanwhile China Today just posted youtube vids of their new ai news anchors.

The world is fooked.

What is left to believe anymore?

Who can say Trump is even real at this point?

Are we real? Or is that reflection i see just another form of ai?
I think that is the new arms race, for the best AI.
(02-20-2019, 11:47 AM)sivil Wrote: [ -> ]I think that is the new arms race, for the best AI.

Whats left to believe though?

I mean check out the vids china today posted introducing their new ai news anchors.

Whats to say anything we see at all with our eyes is real?
Pages: 1 2