The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: The Weather Channel's absurd practice of naming winter storms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I try to avoid watching The Weather Channel (TWC) since they are a sister station of CNN and push climate change BS all day long. To top it off, They have my "current location" as 30 miles SSE on a barrier island when I'm actually 16 miles inland and much closer to the weather station used by NOAA. I tuned into The Weather Channel this morning for shits and giggles. I just wanted an update on tomorrow's expected snowfall totals. I didn't want a lecture on "climate change", "how to brush snow off your roof", or "why you shouldn't drive through high water". You know, the way TWC was back in the 80's. TWC generally goes apeshit over any storm, but I find their naming of winter storms a bit beyond the pale.  

"The Great Blizzard of 1888. The Perfect Storm. The Storm of the Century. These titles, as well as the loss and damages caused by the winter storms that bear them, will long be remembered by U.S. residents. But is it their title that makes each easier to remember?

The Weather Channel would say yes.

Ever since the 2012-2013 winter season, The Weather Channel (TWC) has given every significant winter storm event it forecasts and tracks a unique name...

...Besides The Weather Channel, no other leading private or government weather organization (not the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the National Weather Service (NWS), nor AccuWeather) has chosen to adopt the practice of using names in their official forecasts. One reason for this is The Weather Channel didn't bother to collaborate or consult with weather bigwigs like NOAA, the American Meteorological Society (AMS), or the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) (which oversees hurricane naming) before implementing this new practice."

https://www.thoughtco.com/why-the-weathe...ms-3444521
The Weather Channel is an entertainment network, not a true news network. They are now owned by Entertainment Studios (CF Entertainment).
You are right OP about TWC, haven't watched it in years.
I've been watching Weather Nation on Pluto TV. Seems like they're pretty cut and dry with their forecasts.
This helps to put a big and scary Monster Face on storms that makes these storms a 'terrorist enemy' that 'global warming created' that is going to wreak terror and havoc on humanity and green technology will help with weather modification tech to make the monsters go away.

You do know the path of ownership of TWC the last 1.5ish decades, don't you?

I wonder how many 'named storms' were the result of weather modification manipulation?
Oh Hell. That's it for me. Just watched the most cringe-worthy exchange on TWC. The hosts were discussing Cracker Jacks. Female host commented that the guy who wrote the song "Take me out to the ball game" in 1908 had never actually been to a baseball game. He inserted the line about Cracker Jacks based on an ad he saw. Male host (typical 20-something metrosexual) replies, "If he never went to a game, he must have seen the ad on tv then...."

Ham

~mc~

Our “rainstorm” last week was called an “atmospheric river”

We got one inch Facepalm
(02-19-2019, 10:38 AM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]Our “rainstorm” last week was called an “atmospheric river”

We got one inch  Facepalm

Chemtrailing chewed on it's northerly and southerly edges the last five or so days, whittling it INTO A RIVER, as it was supposed to be more of an "ocean" that was going to dump massive amounts of rain across almost all of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North/South Carolinas....

~mc~

(02-19-2019, 10:46 AM)Mmmkay_Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2019, 10:38 AM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]Our “rainstorm” last week was called an “atmospheric river”

Chemtrailing chewed on it's northerly and southerly edges the last three days, whittling it INTO A RIVER, as it was supposed to be more of an "ocean" that was going to dump massive amounts of rain across almost all of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North/South Carolinas....

We are getting the “storm of the century” starting this Thursday

According to local radio this morning Chuckle
(02-19-2019, 10:48 AM)~mc~ Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2019, 10:46 AM)Mmmkay_Ultra Wrote: [ -> ]

Chemtrailing chewed on it's northerly and southerly edges the last three days, whittling it INTO A RIVER, as it was supposed to be more of an "ocean" that was going to dump massive amounts of rain across almost all of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North/South Carolinas....

We are getting the “storm of the century” starting this Thursday

According to local radio this morning  Chuckle

Probably because there is some obsolete infrastructure that needs some of "God's Destruction" to get the required funding for gleaming infrastructure upgrading.