The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Arkansas becomes state #13 to pass the Convention of States resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First I've heard of this "Convention of States" thing. Anyone else?

Little Rock, AR, February 14, 2019 – Convention of States Action, the largest Article V grassroots organization in the country, is pleased to announce that today Arkansas became the 13th state to call for an Article V convention to propose constitutional amendments that impose fiscal restraints on Washington, limit its power and jurisdiction, and set term limits for federal officials.

“We are very excited that Arkansas has become the 13th state to pass the Convention of States resolution,” said Mark Meckler, President of Convention of States Action. “This success is the result of incredible grassroots effort in conjunction with great legislative champions. It’s a great way to start the year!”

“Almost seventy percent of the people of Arkansas favor this Article V convention,” said Sen. Gary Stubblefield, referring to a study conducted by the Trafalgar Group. “This isn’t a Democrat issue or a Republican issue. It’s an American issue.”

https://conventionofstates.com/news/arka...resolution

Facepalm . . . Out of 34 needed for The Convention Call .

Does anyone not understand that the left will hijack any such Article 5 Constitutional Convention and enshrine all of the power in the federal government which they have essentially taken over? Do you wish to see a right to "free stuff" written into the US Constitution, along with all manner of "victim's rights," social experiments, global warming, etc.? We should try living under the existing Constitution first.
I would say secession has a better chance of happening today
than it did in the 1860s... without war this time, because there is no way
today's population would go to war against other Americans, not like that.
(02-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Treebeard Wrote: [ -> ]I would say secession has a better chance of happening today
than it did in the 1860s... without war this time, because there is no way
today's population would go to war against other Americans, not like that.

Don't be too sure. Secession needs to happen, imho. Enough.
As a contributing member of the Texas Nationalist Movement, I am in complete agreement about seceding from the Union, Treebeard. The Constitution is a contract between the States setting up a LIMITED federal government. Those limitations in the written agreement are completely ignored, so the contract is broken.

I propose that the next national capitol be built on the grounds of an abandoned meat packing plant outside Dodge City (DC) Kansas, near the geographical center of the former United States. Let the swamp dwellers freeze on the high plains each winter.
(02-16-2019, 06:18 PM)Citizen37082 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't be too sure. Secession needs to happen, imho. Enough.

I am sure. LOL. It would have to be the deep state with DoD and very little American people
involvement. I can assure you the Yankees are not going to march down to Dixie and start fighting
to the death. No interest in such dumb things.
Come on Down to DIXIE ! You ' ll be Greeted with Open Arms ! !

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fqph.fs.quoracdn.net%2Fm...3bf39e&f=1]

(02-16-2019, 04:41 PM)PRIME Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone not understand that the left will hijack any such Article 5 Constitutional Convention and enshrine all of the power in the federal government which they have essentially taken over? Do you wish to see a right to "free stuff" written into the US Constitution, along with all manner of "victim's rights," social experiments, global warming, etc.? We should try living under the existing Constitution first.

For them to hijack Article 5 would require the states to vote and agree upon implementing the 'free stuff' provisions, the exact same states that are asking for an article 5 to KEEP the Federal government from going down the road to "free stuff"....

Like asking the NRA to hold a Pro-Gun convention to ask members to abolish guns...
(02-16-2019, 07:48 PM)TheOrderOfChaos Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2019, 04:41 PM)PRIME Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone not understand that the left will hijack any such Article 5 Constitutional Convention and enshrine all of the power in the federal government which they have essentially taken over? Do you wish to see a right to "free stuff" written into the US Constitution, along with all manner of "victim's rights," social experiments, global warming, etc.? We should try living under the existing Constitution first.

For them to hijack Article 5 would require the states to vote and agree upon implementing the 'free stuff' provisions, the exact same states that are asking for an article 5 to KEEP the Federal government from going down the road to "free stuff"....

Like asking the NRA to hold a Pro-Gun convention to ask members to abolish guns...

I feel just as cynical about it as Prime does.

As soon as we have one going, it'll be filled with communists, liberals, neo-cons, and swamp critters.

Out with the old and in with the embedded Cultural Marxism and Perpetual War.
Pages: 1 2 3