The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: A Dispatch From The Kamala Harris Presidency, Dated 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Y'all gotta read this short story.  I don't know whether to  Jptdknpa or Tissue or maybe Scream1

Here's a small snippet

Quote:Early in the election year, just as the Democratic primary field was winnowing and Harris was carving out her place as the kind of minority candidate Democrats love—mixed racially but with the mannerisms of a well-to-do white bluestocking—we started to see an increase of subversive activity. Doctored videos of Donald Trump saying blatantly racist things began popping up on disparate Facebook newsfeeds. The clips looked almost real to the unsuspecting eye–a big improvement over the crude memes of 2016. They featured Trump at one of his patented rallies holding court, praising dictators and white supremacists. “That Hitler, one hell of a guy, really stood up for his people. Put Germany first!” Trump bellowed to a roaring crowd in one video. In another, Trump was being interviewed by Leslie Stahl for “60 Minutes.” In surreal fashion, he admits to approving a program for “the mass extermination of blacks, Hispanics, dark-looking people, what have you.”

The videos were preposterously fictitious. But that didn’t stop them from spreading like digital wildfire just before being snuffed out. The clips our team were able to procure, facsimiles of the originals, had all the markings of Russian propaganda. Trump’s dialogue was clipped and inflected at points not common for a native English speaker. But most importantly, our scanning equipment was able to pick up on particular digital signatures that are common in the low-quality content emanating out of the troll farms in Eastern Europe.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-1...dated-2021
I believe flawless mimicry is state of the art now and it will become harder and harder to distinguish illusion and deception from reality.

Saddle up, it is going to be a long strange trip.
(02-16-2019, 04:52 AM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]I believe flawless mimicry is state of the art now and it will become harder and harder to distinguish illusion and deception from reality.

That is for sure. This is a hologram

This is just a music video but I'll post it anyway hahahaha

(02-16-2019, 04:52 AM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]I believe flawless mimicry is state of the art now and it will become harder and harder to distinguish illusion and deception from reality.

For sure. AI can write stories and paint pictures now. Come to think of it, maybe that is why all the journalists are getting laid off.
(02-16-2019, 09:56 AM)MeaCulpa Wrote: [ -> ]

For sure.  AI can write stories and paint pictures now.  Come to think of it, maybe that is why all the journalists are getting laid off.

Yahoo and other sites have been using "robotic" writers for some time now. It was a bigger trend but as people protested a few years ago, they laid off a bit.

Part of the journalists losing jobs was due to monies drying up. Obama-era funding went way of the dodo bird, and now, those institutions that needed the funds for sustained attack-dog tactics have to make do with much, much less.