The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Australian Bloodletters and Bad Men. (Women too)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let's start with a guy you wouldn't want to BarB with...
Ivan Milat

AKA the Backpack Killer

Tough bit of work He was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLVhFsGxAdQ

Add any and all to this Australian who's who of Huhh Uhhhh... [Image: lxMC5JA.gif]

I would like to give a shout out to Electric Blue without whose help none of this would be possible. Chuckle

And all the great people Down Under in Australia.
And then there was Peter Falconio... Where is he?

Northern Outback territory... Imagine how fucking scary that had to have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28eb8c6FYEM
Puppy dogs compared to American serial killers.
I was going to make a thread about serial killers. Tho I thought perhaps it would be in poor taste.
Ivan is really the only interesting one, Tho in the end he was just some insane asshole with a gun.
these two look like a pair of Gems...

David and Catherine Birnie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_...ine_Birnie

were an Australian couple from Perth, Western Australia. They murdered four women ranging in age from 15 to 31 in their home in 1986, and attempted to murder a fifth. These crimes were referred to in the press as the Moorhouse murders, after the Birnies' address at 3 Moorhouse Street in Willagee, a suburb of Perth.[1]

real Micky and Mallary Knox show there...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Au..._criminals
When Cobby did not return home, her family initially thought she was staying overnight with a friend, but after learning that she failed to appear at work the next day, they reported her missing on 3 February. On the morning of 4 February, her nude body was found in the paddock by a farmer investigating what his cows were milling around.[2] Cobby's body was initially identified by her distinctive wedding ring, which was still on her finger when she was found.[8] Her estranged husband John was initially suspected of her murder, but was quickly cleared.[4]

The Australian public reacted with anger upon hearing details of Cobby's murder.[9] On 6 February, the NSW state government posted a A$50,000 reward for information leading to the capture of Cobby's killers. Also on 6 February, morning radio host John Laws obtained a leaked copy of Cobby's autopsy report, which contained explicit details of her injuries, and read it live on the air, both shocking and galvanising public sentiment.[2] In a 2016 interview with Seven News, Laws said he did it because he felt "the general public ought to know" and that "it incited anger in the public that murders like this were happening and we weren't being given the full details".

On 9 February, police re-enacted Cobby's movements on the night of her disappearance in the hope of jogging the memories of travellers or others who might have seen her. Constable Debbie Wallace wore similar clothing to Cobby and travelled the 9:12 p.m. train to Blacktown. Detectives interviewed the passengers and showed them photos of Cobby whilst Wallace walked the length of the train during the journey.

Following a tip-off from a police informant regarding the stolen Holden, police started searching for Travers, Michael Murdoch, and brothers Les, Michael and Gary Murphy after they discovered that some of them had a history of violence, and that Travers had a reputation for carrying a knife. On 21 February, police arrested Travers and Murdoch at the home of Travers' uncle and Les Murphy at Travers' own house. Murdoch and Murphy were charged with offences relating to stolen cars and released on police bail. Travers, who admitted that he had stolen a car, made conflicting statements about the murder and was detained in police custody. While in custody, he requested that a friend be called so she could bring him cigarettes. The phone number was handed to the investigating police who contacted the friend, a woman.

The woman, Travers' aunt – eventually dubbed "Miss X" – agreed to help with the investigation, met with an officer, and gave him details of Travers' background. Miss X was subsequently sent back in to talk to Travers, agreeing to hide a recording microphone device in her bra while she visited him in his cell and was able to obtain a confession. Miss X later went to Murdoch's home while wearing the concealed recording device to capture his statements on tape as well. Eventually, five men were arrested and charged with the murder. Police were praised for their quick response in capturing all suspects involved.[2] In total, 22 days had elapsed from the time of the murder to the time all suspects were taken into custody.

Australia's most notorious killing and horror show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy5aPzV9WN8

John Wayne Glover... What is up with the "John Wayne" and serial killers? Scratchinghead

John Wayne Glover (26 November 1932 – 9 September 2005) was an English-Australian serial killer convicted of the murders of six elderly women, including Winifreda, Lady Ashton, widow of the famous English-Australian impressionist painter Sir Will Ashton (MBE), on Sydney's North Shore. Over a 14-month period in 1989-1990, Glover killed six elderly women, for which he was dubbed in the press as the "Granny Killer".[1][2][3] Following his arrest in 1990, he admitted to the murders and was sentenced to consecutive terms of life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. He committed suicide by hanging himself in prison on 9 September 2005.

This asshole was another piece of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ZAX1yxKUs

Before John Glover began his killings in the late 1980s, he was a volunteer at the Senior Citizens Society, and was considered among his friends a friendly and trustworthy man. He was married with two daughters,[4] and lived a contented lifestyle[1] in Mosman. Glover worked as a sales representative for the Four'N Twenty meat pie company.[7]

Murders

No proof has been found of Glover killing before 1989, when he was 56. At this stage, he had been married for 20 years with children, and his wife had no knowledge of his previous offences.[8] Glover admitted to the killings when confronted with the police evidence. He denied responsibility for other crimes in which he was a prime suspect, including the bashing murder of 78-year-old artist Florence Broadhurst in her Paddington studio in 1977. A number of years after his conviction, Glover admitted that he never worried about who his victims were, or why he killed them. He said he wanted to stop killing, but could not. After each murder, he apparently went about his normal life
(02-10-2019, 07:54 PM)White Jesus Wrote: [ -> ]Puppy dogs compared to American serial killers.  
I was going to make a thread about serial killers. Tho I thought perhaps it would be in poor taste.
Ivan is really the only interesting one, Tho in the end he was just some insane asshole with a gun.

Blue suggested I go to you for help with this thread but, I assumed you would only pooh pooh it and dismiss it as being somehow less bad than the psychos here in the United States.

I assumed right again.

-In fairness, So did Blue at first... Chuckle

I can always count on you to wave your hand dismissively...

Thank you BLUE for just humoring ME.
(02-10-2019, 08:17 PM)White Jesus Wrote: [ -> ]

Atta man!

That's what I'm talkin bout!! Drinks
(02-10-2019, 08:05 PM)Wingsprint Wrote: [ -> ]these two look like a pair of Gems...

David and Catherine Birnie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_and_...ine_Birnie

were an Australian couple from Perth, Western Australia. They murdered four women ranging in age from 15 to 31 in their home in 1986, and attempted to murder a fifth. These crimes were referred to in the press as the Moorhouse murders, after the Birnies' address at 3 Moorhouse Street in Willagee, a suburb of Perth.[1]

real Micky and Mallary Knox show there...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Au..._criminals

David John Birnie (16 February 1951 – 7 October 2005) and Catherine Margaret Birnie (born 23 May 1951) were an Australian couple from Perth, Western Australia. They murdered four women ranging in age from 15 to 31 in their home in 1986, and attempted to murder a fifth. These crimes were referred to in the press as the Moorhouse murders, after the Birnies' address at 3 Moorhouse Street in Willagee, a suburb of Perth.[1]
Pages: 1 2 3