The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Christine Speaks Shetlandic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Too many dialects have been lost in an effort to civilize the speakers of those dialects.

Such a pity.
Her voice is relaxing...and she has the prettiest hair color.

Very classy lady.
Lovely.

Heartflowers
Would be interesting to know if any non-Brits could understand any of the second poem..?

Heartflowers Heartflowers Heartflowers
(02-08-2019, 08:36 PM)Munchaab Wrote: [ -> ]Would be interesting to know if any non-Brits could understand any of the second poem..?

Heartflowers  Heartflowers  Heartflowers

Not I but it sounded nice.
(02-08-2019, 08:38 PM)LucyBarnable Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2019, 08:36 PM)Munchaab Wrote: [ -> ]Would be interesting to know if any non-Brits could understand any of the second poem..?

I'm not into poetry and not sure of some of the Norse words but understood it for the most part and it's a beautiful poem for sure...
Yip a strange tongue to someone not used to the lingo , have had a few drinking sessions there when i was young , Wick and Aberdeen are the same kind of tongue dorric .

Every where i go in England i get can you please speak slowly we cannot understand

ya ken Jptdknpa
(02-08-2019, 08:41 PM)Munchaab Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2019, 08:38 PM)LucyBarnable Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not into poetry and not sure of some of the Norse words but understood it for the most part and it's a beautiful poem for sure...

British accents seem to vary a lot.
Some of them I can't really understand.
That's true of some American accents too though.
(02-08-2019, 05:31 PM)SkyCat Wrote: [ -> ]

@Slappy Kincaid @Billy Bulgaria
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6