The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Question for the married or handfasted or Common law wives.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
How many of you have a husband that has taken out an ins policy for you in case he  passes away?
Mr Foss refuses. I’m terribly depressed about it.  I would have to sell everything and give up my animals and probs get an apartment in town.  I can’t afford all this by myself.  

I keep getting upset and I keep getting told to take my meds when I bring it up.  For the last time! I don’t take meds or any psychiatric drugs! It’s like their reality Mandela effect has me on Prozac or something.  1dunno1 you all know me a bit. I am the exact person I portray.  I have only kept one secret that I’ll never tell because you’ll think I’m gross. ......,,,, And who cares anyway.   I will tell it. I raise Dubias for my Leopard geckos.  It’s the best food they can have so I do it, even though it strains my creep out threshold.

I didn’t want to go to a depression forum because they are all kind of negative.

I thought when a man had a kind beautiful wife it was de rigeur to take care of her after he passes.  And he has a dangerous job.  I worked all these years together with him. Like all you he-men, I’ve worked since I was 17.  We aren’t rich, I have a lot of gadgets because Mr Foss buys them for me when I get sad that he won’t spend time with me.  

I’m not too proud to ask y’all.  And you’re all very kind except for white Jesus.  Am I bad that it upsets me so?  That he won’t go traipsing with me? Not once in 20 years? We have lived here at the lake for 20 yrs. it takes 3 min on a mowed path to get there walking and he’s gone with me twice.  

I must be terrible and not realize it.  We don’t fight.  So I’m not combative.  I just don’t know what to think anymore.  I see these old couples and they obviously love each other.  He won’t even hold my hand.  

You can make fun of me if you want, I’m not an attention whore.  I just feel that it’s all wrong.  I know fellas that didn’t have a lot but when they passed their wives didn’t have to sell stuff or take second jobs. I’m just feelin bad about this and wondering if I’m alone. Or stupid , most likely stupid with bad choices. :)
Take one out on him yourself, if you can??
I'm kind of worthless, Lmao but if my wife (of almost 2 years) wanted me to get one I would.

In your situation, it sounds like one is needed with all of your animal babies and a house. 1dunno1 Some dudes are just weird about some shit.
I tried to get a life insurance policy for my Ex when we were married. I made the appointment, had the agent come to the house to do an in-home physical and said I would pay for it 100%, all he had to do was show-up. He refused. I had my own insurance policy because I wanted my children to be taken care of in case something happened to me.

@Fossy after reading your post, I think maybe it is a guy thing. Planning for your death is not a happy subject. But is the responsible thing to do.
I agree with @Sassy if you can. That might be state specific. Did you ever talk about this when you first got married, or ever? Does he have any kind of reason for not wanting to be insured? Is he too old or unhealthy now so that maybe it costs too much?

The other stuff, about not holding hands and doing things with you is another issue. Has it always been like that?
I sold insurance for a few years, my first death claim was my own Mother, they make you wait for 3 months to pay out while they investigate that you didn't write the policy on them and then kill them yourselves. My other two death claims were this married couple, they got hit by a school bus. The policy I wrote paid off their house and left their kid with a good amount of money. You'll have to check the law but you didn't used to be able to take out a policy on someone else.

As a salesman, let me tell you, most people don't give a damn about their family. However if you do, you can use your insurance as a financial tool to help you on your way.

There are a couple of plans you can go for, whole life or term life. Whole life the rate never goes up, you pay the same for the insurance no matter how old you get. The insurance company can't cancel the contract. The other thing is it has an investment component so you might be able invest enough that the policy will no longer need payments and keep going on its own.
Term life is insurance till you reach a certain age and then it is cancelled. It costs less to purchase and you can be covered for a larger amount of money for the same premium.
So you have to decide what your financial goals are when you buy the life insurance.
I am actually in planning works to take out some on myself so he is covered if I die. It is very likely because I go into the wilderness alone. I feel it’s the right thing to do. If I stop showing up it’s because something ate me probably! Hehehe!
(02-07-2019, 10:54 PM)Sassy Wrote: [ -> ]Take one out on him yourself, if you can??

Idk if that’s possible without a physical. ?
Just do it you silly! And your not worthless,Hugs it’s just a strange subject for a woman to broach.

(02-07-2019, 10:58 PM)Pig Love Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kind of worthless,  Lmao  but if my wife (of almost 2 years) wanted me to get one I would.

In your situation, it sounds like one is needed with all of your animal babies and a house.  1dunno1 Some dudes are just weird about some shit.
(02-07-2019, 11:03 PM)Kraut the Rebel Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with @Sassy if you can. That might be state specific. Did you ever talk about this when you first got married, or ever? Does he have any kind of reason for not wanting to be insured? Is he too old or unhealthy now so that maybe it costs too much?

The other stuff, about not holding hands and doing things with you is another issue. Has it always been like that?

We have talked about it many times. He is noncommittal without a reason. We can afford it.

Something happened, I think they call it the internet..... he sold the boat, retired the motorcycle put away the camping gear and bought a fancy computer and that’s it. I am telling you “hand to God” I spent my whole 40 th decade alone in the living room watching Netflix while he played mahjong.
The arguments started then because i was lonely. He only came out of the office to eat and watch Big Bang theory and survivor. And I wasn’t allowed to talk during the show and when it was over He went back into the office until bed time.

I complained about that a lot so he bought a huge co2 laser and built a lovely studio for it. Well, that takes a lot of research and college level design programs to learn so now, he’s not even in the house anymore. Wanker he’s ”working on the laser”. I am a good wife!!!!! I still put out even and cook dinner.

I’m ready to light up the barbque grill and drag it in the studio and lock myself in. Lol. :(
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7