The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Colorado Runner Suffocates Mountain Lion With Bare Hands In Self-Defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will PETA let him off based on "stand your ground" laws? In the most epic instance ever of a jogger fending off an attacker, a man running on remote mountain trails in Colorado on Monday found himself being trailed by a mountain lion, only to eventually defeat the attack using merely his bare hands in the life-or-death struggle.

According to now viral reports the jogger heard movement behind him on the trail and the moment he turned around the mountain lion lunged. The man fought off the big cat after it jumped on him, sustaining non-life threatening bites and injuries to his face and wrist, for which he reportedly was taken to the hospital.

However the outcome to the near deadly attack is summarized in the following report, which sounds straight out of The Onion, but believe it or not is NPR: "The man killed the animal by suffocating it, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife's Northeast Region. Exactly how he did so wasn't immediately clear."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-0...lf-defense
Sounds kinda like the bullshit to me...
Did it have a noose and yell MeowGA?
If true it's a pretty kick ass story.

Personally I believe one (not the best but one of) of the best ways to fend off a large pissed off animal (if it's attacking you) is to go for it's eyes. It's almost impossible to fight with an animal that has massive claws. If you can't stab it with anything, go for it's eyes. It might not always work 99% of the time but that 1% might just save your life.

If a Bear is on top of you and if you know that there is nothing you can do, and if you're in a position of not being able to fight back at all, then play dead. Once the Bear sees that you're not a threat, it might walk away.

Every thing I just said above will not always work. Every situation is different. Every animal is different. This is why I never go into the bush without firearms.
(02-06-2019, 01:17 AM)DeadpoolLovesYou Wrote: [ -> ]Did it have a noose and yell MeowGA?

Just saw this on my local news channel. The lion attacked him from behind, and he chocked it to death with his hands. They said his injuries were consistent with his story, and wildlife officials said the lion was dead from suffocation. This guy would have to be very strong I think. V6sRZf4
Good on him I say.
(02-06-2019, 01:28 AM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]If true it's a pretty kick ass story.
This is why I never go into the bush without firearms.

Hell, that's a given. I don't even go to 7/11 unarmed. 'Cause the one time I do, there'll be a "cougar" waiting for me. And considering my age, Lmao that means there's gonna be some cobwebs that need to be swept away.
(02-06-2019, 02:10 AM)Red Auroras Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2019, 01:28 AM)Winter Steelheader Wrote: [ -> ]If true it's a pretty kick ass story.
This is why I never go into the bush without firearms.

Hell, that's a given. I don't even go to 7/11 unarmed. 'Cause the one time I do, there'll be a "cougar" waiting for me. And considering my age,  Lmao that means there's gonna be some cobwebs that need to be swept away.

Jptdknpa Lmao
(02-06-2019, 01:30 AM)bigD111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2019, 01:17 AM)DeadpoolLovesYou Wrote: [ -> ]Did it have a noose and yell MeowGA?

Just saw this on my local news channel.  The lion attacked him from behind, and he chocked it to death with his hands.  They said his injuries were consistent with his story, and wildlife officials said the lion was This guy would have to be very strong I think.   V6sRZf4

He would've had to choke it from behind. If he didn't those front and especially back claws would've tore him up . ( rear naked choke hold? )

I read about this yesterday and checked four or five sources. No one would be definitive on how he killed the animal .

I imagine there's quite a few hikers and bicyclers that would like to hear that little tidbit .

Just saying .
(02-06-2019, 02:18 AM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2019, 01:30 AM)bigD111 Wrote: [ -> ]

Just saw this on my local news channel.  The lion attacked him from behind, and he chocked it to death with his hands.  They said his injuries were consistent with his story, and wildlife officials said the lion was This guy would have to be very strong I think.   V6sRZf4

He would've had to choke it from behind. If he didn't  those front and especially back claws would've tore him up . ( rear naked choke hold? )

I read about this yesterday and checked four or five sources. No one would be definitive on how he killed the animal .

I imagine there's quite a few hikers and bicyclers  that would like to hear that little tidbit .

Just saying .

this is exactly my point. I'm not saying that the story isn't true but this animal is a true survivor of the wilderness and it's claws will slice your throat like a hot knife through butter. Maybe the guy was able to do some sort of a reversal and then managed to place himself in a position that he could strangle the animal? I don't know... But I'd love to hear this story in full detail, that's for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3