The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: U.S. plans to invade Venezuela soon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4w16ucU_I

In August 2017, Donald Trump said he did not exclude the military option to solve the Venezuelan crisis, which provoked a strong rejection both inside and outside the United States. However, the idea remains present even though many express themselves against it, writes the Business Insider newspaper.
The military option for resolving the crisis in Venezuela is on the table or at least in the head of the US president. So the AP news agency reported earlier this summer that President Donald Trump had discussed the military invasion of Venezuela during a White House meeting last year. To bolster his arguments, Trump recalled the military interventions of Grenada and Panama, which he said were a success.
Other voices in the United States have also been in favor of using military force. In particular, as the Business Insider underscores, in late August this year, Florida Republican Senator Marco Rubio, an advisor on Latin American affairs and close to Trump, said Venezuela has become a destabilizing force in the region.
“I believe that the armed forces of the United States are only used in the case of a threat to national security,” Rubio said, adding that he believed there was a “very strong” argument that “Venezuela and the Maduro regime have become a threat to the region and to the United States.”
There are also other opinions. Even if the Venezuelan crisis justifies pushing for political change, military intervention is not the way to do it, said Shannon O’Neil, senior researcher for Latin American affairs at the Council on Foreign Relations.
“But US military intervention is not the way to do it,” O’Neil argued this month. “Venezuela isn’t Grenada or Panama, the two Latin American countries invaded by the US during the closing days of the Cold War.”

According to O’Neil, a military invasion of Venezuela would be similar on a scale to that of Iraq, a country twice smaller than Venezuela, with a slightly larger population. Not taking into account that, according to the polls, American troops would not be welcomed with open arms in the Latin American country.
“Any invasion requires preparations on a similar scale, meaning a 100,000-plus force,” the analyst was quoted as saying.

https://www.fort-russ.com/2018/09/u-s-pl...s-analyst/

One week after President Donald Trump's administration recognized an opposition leader as Venezuela's interim president, the Latin American nation's disputed leader Nicolas Maduro warned Wednesday that the United States was in danger of turning his country into another Vietnam War.
"People from #USA, I ask for your support in order to reject the interference of Donald Trump's administration which intends to turn my Homeland into a 'Vietnam war' in Latin America. Don't allow it!" Maduro posted on his Twitter account, in English.
In a video published in Spanish on his Facebook account, Maduro said if "the U.S. intends to invade us, they will have a Vietnam worse than they can imagine."
Maduro has accused the U.S. of attempting to stage a coup against his government. Speculation that Trump may be preparing to send troops to Venezuela was fueled this week after National Security Adviser John Bolton was seen holding a notepad that read: "5,000 troops to Colombia." Colombia borders Venezuela.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/world...729781002/
I really hope not. We don't have the resources to fight in Venezuela, let alone Afghanistan. Plus, the opposition has vowed to make it another Vietnam. Any invasion is gonna make it a shit show.
(02-01-2019, 08:43 AM)NightStalker2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope not. We don't have the resources to fight in Venezuela, let alone Afghanistan. Plus, the opposition has vowed to make it another Vietnam. Any invasion is gonna make it a shit show.

And, I'll add Vietnam started with a "few advisers" too.
Russia has a stake in Venezuela and will not just sit back and watch.
(02-01-2019, 08:48 AM)NightStalker2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2019, 08:43 AM)NightStalker2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope not. We don't have the resources to fight in Venezuela, let alone Afghanistan. Plus, the opposition has vowed to make it another Vietnam. Any invasion is gonna make it a shit show.

And, I'll add Vietnam started with a "few advisers" too.

Seems all our "wars" are started by "advisors" who are to chicken shit to do the actual fighting, but reap all the benefit of the wars they create.
(02-01-2019, 08:11 AM)SkyCat Wrote: [ -> ]Ongoing thread:

https://the-fringe.com/thread-viva_la_re...a_rises_up

They'll just be flash bombs to show a threat, He cannot not reply.
This is all speculation. Nothing has been confirmed.
I’ll bet an invasion of Venezuela ain’t going to happen.

Anyone want to take me up on that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4