The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Seeing Racism Everywhere: Photo Of Soot-Covered Coal Miners Criticized For ‘Blackface’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The New York Times isn’t the only outlet claiming white people with soot on their faces are actually portraying “blackface.” For the Times, it was Mary Poppins and the chimney sweepers.

For an opinion writer for the Arizona Central, part of USA Today, it was a photo of blue-collar workers having a drink after work.

Opinion contributor Rashaad Thomas says he was in Phoenix recently at a holiday party. The restaurant he was in had photographs on the wall, as many do, but one in particular stood out to him. This photo showed a group of seven or so coal miners, covered head to toe in soot, their faces blackened to varying degrees, drinking beer at a pub. The photo also shows one man who doesn’t appear to be covered in soot and an unhappy woman.

Thomas’ friends told him, “It’s coal miners at a pub after work.” He “asked a Latinx and white woman for their opinion.” The two said the photo appeared to be of coal workers having a drink after work.

This didn’t sit well with Thomas, who asked to speak to a manager.

“Instead, I spoke with a white restaurant owner. I explained to him why the photograph was offensive. Evidently, someone else had made a similar comment about the photograph before,” Thomas wrote.

This owner apparently told Thomas he would speak to other restaurant owners about the photo. Thomas asked him, while leaving, if he had done so yet. No, he had not immediately rushed to phone other restaurant owners during the holiday season about a complaint over an old photo of coal miners.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42851/see...ashe-schow
“At the downtown Phoenix restaurant, my concern that the photograph of men in blackface was a threat to me and my face and voice were ignored,” Thomas wrote. “A business’ photograph of men with blackened faces culturally says to me, ‘Whites Only.’ It says people like me are not welcome.”

So, an old photo of men who had just completed working a dangerous job for low pay was “a threat” to the “face and voice” of someone able to attend a party and publish his thoughts to the Internet?
These men, that lived doing some of the hardest work we're able to know in our modern history, are now racist?!
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
I'm pretty sure this man doesn't give a fuck what colour your skin is, and is more concerned with your character and integrity than something like skin colour

Edit: this is our white privilege folks, we cannot even work our asses off to help society without being put in a box by the dems
(01-31-2019, 05:41 PM)unclelunatic Wrote: [ -> ]These men, that lived doing some of the hardest work we're able to know in our modern history, are now racist?!
I'm pretty sure this man doesn't give a fuck what colour your skin is, and is more concerned with your character and integrity than something like skin colour

Edit: this is our white privilege folks, we cannot even work our asses off to help society without being put in a box by the dems

Put that pussy writer in the coal mine for a day then let him run his pampered ass to the keyboard. I doubt he'd make it all day.
(01-31-2019, 05:50 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2019, 05:41 PM)unclelunatic Wrote: [ -> ]These men, that lived doing some of the hardest work we're able to know in our modern history, are now racist?!

Put that pussy writer in the coal mine for a day then let him run his pampered ass to the keyboard.  I doubt he'd make it all day.

Chuckle He wouldn't even last the elevator ride down!

These fools have no idea how hard life was, and what the times were like back then - or in other places of the world
These boomers really fucked up my generation by trying give their children everything Facepalm
Facepalm
Unfuckin real!

[Image: bigstock-Finger-Presses-Red-Keyboard-Bu-110023838.jpg]
I find the offended individual's ignorance to be offensive. Could I have the writer of that article removed? Chuckle I also find his use of LatinX offensive. Follow the rules of the language, a-hole. If he's a writer, she should be able to do that, which in this case is Latino if he doesn't know the gender.

This writer is an example of what is wrong with the Libtards. How do coal workers, risking their lives to earn a meager pay, offer any risk to this guy? They don't.

Yet, he's offended as he wears his arrogance as a badge of racial honor on his finely pressed shirt lapel.
(01-31-2019, 06:01 PM)The Order of Chaos Wrote: [ -> ]I find the offended individual's ignorance to be offensive. Could I have the writer of that article removed? Chuckle  I also find his use of LatinX offensive. Follow the rules of the language, a-hole. If he's a writer, she should be able to do that, which in this case is Latino if he doesn't know the gender.

This writer is an example of what is wrong with the Libtards. How do coal workers, risking their lives to earn a meager pay, offer any risk to this guy? They don't.

Yet, he's offended as he wears his arrogance as a badge of racial honor on his finely pressed shirt lapel.

Excellent rant
Cmicsfee
(01-31-2019, 06:10 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2019, 06:01 PM)The Order of Chaos Wrote: [ -> ]I find the offended individual's ignorance to be offensive. Could I have the writer of that article removed? Chuckle  I also find his use of LatinX offensive. Follow the rules of the language, a-hole. If he's a writer, she should be able to do that, which in this case is Latino if he doesn't know the gender.

Excellent rant
Cmicsfee

Thank you, good sir!  Had to say it. Chuckle Cheers
(01-31-2019, 06:14 PM)The Order of Chaos Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2019, 06:10 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]

Excellent rant
Cmicsfee

Thank you, good sir!  Had to say it. Chuckle Cheers

AOC, Fvck that twat! if u want?
Pages: 1 2