The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Oregon Democrats push bill to OUTLAW self-defense:: Protecting your family against violent crime now a whole new crime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
By Ethan Huff -
January 28, 2019

Senator Rob Wagner and Representative Andrea Salinas, two Democrat politicians in Oregon, have proposed a new piece of legislation to be taken up in the next legislative session that, should it pass, would steamroll the Second Amendment rights of Oregonians and make it all but impossible for them to defend themselves and their families against violent threats.

Senate Bill 501 would basically make it a crime for anyone living in Oregon to purchase a gun without first obtaining a government permit – also known as getting the government’s permission. It would also prohibit the purchase and possession of magazines that hold more than five rounds of ammunition, subjecting violators to up to one year of prison and/or thousands of dollars in fines.

Further, SB 501 would prohibit every individual from purchasing more than 20 rounds of ammunition in a 30-day period – the penalty for having a magazine that accommodates more than the allotted five round maximum being not only one year in prison but also a whopping $6,250 fine.

As reported by Steve Pomper from OpsLens.com, SB 501 would not just apply to people wanting to buy guns – it would also apply to people who already own them, meaning nobody with existing firearms, magazines, and ammo stores would be grandfathered in. In other words, SB 501 would instantly criminalize thousands of law-abiding gun owners in Oregon – which would seem to be every gun-hating Democrat’s dream.

https://www.intellihub.com/oregon-democr...new-crime/
(01-29-2019, 12:28 AM)Godless Patriot Wrote: [ -> ]By Ethan Huff -
January 28, 2019

Senator Rob Wagner and Representative Andrea Salinas, two Democrat politicians in Oregon, have proposed a new piece of legislation to be taken up in the next legislative session that, should it pass, would steamroll the Second Amendment rights of Oregonians and make it all but impossible for them to defend themselves and their families against violent threats.

Senate Bill 501 would basically make it a crime for anyone living in Oregon to purchase a gun without first obtaining a government permit – also known as getting the government’s permission. It would also prohibit the purchase and possession of magazines that hold more than five rounds of ammunition, subjecting violators to up to one year of prison and/or thousands of dollars in fines.

Further, SB 501 would prohibit every individual from purchasing more than 20 rounds of ammunition in a 30-day period – the penalty for having a magazine that accommodates more than the allotted five round maximum being not only one year in prison but also a whopping $6,250 fine.

As reported by Steve Pomper from OpsLens.com, SB 501 would not just apply to people wanting to buy guns – it would also apply to people who already own them, meaning nobody with existing firearms, magazines, and ammo stores would be grandfathered in. In other words, SB 501 would instantly criminalize thousands of law-abiding gun owners in Oregon – which would seem to be every gun-hating Democrat’s dream.

https://www.intellihub.com/oregon-democr...new-crime/

and so the insanity continues from the left Ham
I wonder if those goof ball political whores know how dangerous chemistry students are ?
I can't imagine this would pass, but good grief if it does Patriots will be leaving Oregon by the droves.
What crosses my mind is this country could get split up with states forming a conservative alliance and other states going into leftist states, theoretically the country could spit itself, kind of like north versus south, only slavery not being the issue. Small chance, but a thought anyway.
(01-29-2019, 12:43 AM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]I can't imagine this would pass, but good grief if it does Patriots will be leaving Oregon by the droves.

Yeah, I don't think it will either.
But if it does I'm out of here.
Already thinking about it.
(01-29-2019, 12:50 AM)Apache54 Wrote: [ -> ]What crosses my mind is this country could get split up with states forming a conservative alliance and other states going into leftist states, theoretically the country could spit itself, kind of like north versus south, only slavery not being the issue.  Small chance, but a thought anyway.

Hypothetically...
That might not be a bad thing.
Just think of how nice and clean and crime free the conservative states would be.
Can you imagine going to the grocery store and not seeing a single illegal with five overweight kids paying with EBT?

daydream
When seconds matter the police are only minutes away.

When are people going to realize that the police don't really stop crime they just pick up the pieces afterwards so the state can prosecute?
(01-29-2019, 12:51 AM)LucyBarnable Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2019, 12:43 AM)Aquarius Wrote: [ -> ]I can't imagine this would pass, but good grief if it does Patriots will be leaving Oregon by the droves.

Yeah, I don't think it will either.
But if it does I'm out of here.
Already thinking about it.

Come a bit north, Lucy, and you and I can be neighbors !! Cheer
I think Kate Brown is intentionally destroying Oregon.
First she made it a sanctuary state, then she decriminalized hard drugs.
Now she wants to make it illegal for us to defend ourselves from the illegal drug cartels.
Pages: 1 2 3 4