The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: The 1751 Machine that Made Everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I very nearly became a slave to this machine - modern version. But after a brief stint on a high school work program I said nope, Cya!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djB9oK6pkbA
I still appreciate precision though...as in reloa*ing..
(01-27-2019, 06:57 PM)Hazmat Wrote: [ -> ]I very nearly became a slave to this machine - modern version. But after a brief stint on a high school work program I said nope, Cya!

I don’t watch many videos but that one was cool .

Keep in mind we wouldn’t of had any of that without the anvil.

My bad haz I just like to make everything as simple as possible . Chuckle
(01-27-2019, 07:09 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2019, 06:57 PM)Hazmat Wrote: [ -> ]I very nearly became a slave to this machine - modern version. But after a brief stint on a high school work program I said nope, Cya!

My bad haz I just like to make everything as simple as possible .  Chuckle

No problem at all FD, feel free to correct/modify where you see fit.
I can see how the lathe is an important part of the industrial revolution. Thanks for sharing.
(01-27-2019, 07:17 PM)Hazmat Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2019, 07:09 PM)FallingDown Wrote: [ -> ]

My bad haz I just like to make everything as simple as possible .  Chuckle

No problem at all FD, feel free to correct/modify where you see fit.

I agree machine tools completely changed modern history. Spurred on by mass production, labor saving which means cost .

I think fasteners are what our entire world model is built on. A blacksmith can pound a nail or thread a screw in A few minutes.

But with machinery you can make 1500 or more in a hour .

To be Cliché “ you build it they will come “
Nice find @Hazmat !! I love learning and things that make ya think!!
Heartflowers     Drinks     Yeah3

“Fear and lathing in Las Vegas”

Jptdknpa

Duck duck go. No. Duck duck Defecate!!!

Jptdknpa
Great video! Thank you for posting it. When I was designing munitions for the US Military, we used dual turret CNC lathes for machining components. Essentially, there were two 8-station "turrets" that would hold various tooling, With two turrets, you could perform multiple operations at the same time. We had "cells" of these lathes and usually an accompanying machining center with a GE/Fanuc robot in the center. Out one side of the cell, there was a conveyor taking the finished parts out to an area for packaging. Along the conveyor was laser inspection equipment, very accurately checking the parts for specs.

This is a pretty crappy photo (it's actually a photo of a photo) of one of the lathes turning a P.I.C. (precision initiation coupler):

[Image: QPV1i5l.jpg]

And here's some of the precision parts I have machined to use in assembly of equipment I design today:

[Image: X6EljBx.jpg]

[Image: p5IxAAQ.jpg]

With advances in technology though, I am now using high wattage laser cutters more than any other machine tool:

[Image: 5NrTYsB.jpg]
I recently did an indoor air quality study at a fuel cell MFG plant - can`t say where - but the robots/machines run the show. humans were broom pushers.
(01-27-2019, 07:35 PM)Catch Wrote: [ -> ]Great video! Thank you for posting it. When I was designing munitions for the US Military, we used dual turret CNC lathes for machining components. Essentially, there were two 8-station "turrets" that would hold various tooling, With two turrets, you could perform multiple operations at the same time. We had "cells" of these lathes and usually an accompanying machining center with a GE/Fanuc robot in the center. Out one side of the cell, there was a conveyor taking the finished parts out to an area for packaging. Along the conveyor was laser inspection equipment, very accurately checking the parts for specs.

This is a pretty crappy photo (it's actually a photo of a photo) of one of the lathes turning a P.I.C. (precision initiation coupler):

[Image: QPV1i5l.jpg]

And here's some of the precision parts I have machined to use in assembly of equipment I design today:

[Image: X6EljBx.jpg]

[Image: p5IxAAQ.jpg]

With advances in technology though, I am now using high wattage laser cutters more than any other machine tool:

[Image: 5NrTYsB.jpg]

WOW how interesting.
(01-27-2019, 07:42 PM)Hazmat Wrote: [ -> ]I recently did an indoor air quality study at a fuel cell MFG plant - can`t say where - but the robots/machines run the show. humans were broom pushers.

NOOOOOOOOO Aaahhh
Pages: 1 2 3 4