The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: VA- Burn Pit Registry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a serious topic but the information needs to be shared. Due to a rise in health issues, the VA has a Burn Pit registry. If you or someone served in:

Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation New Dawn 2003-2011
Djibouti, Africa on or after September 11, 2001
Operations Desert Shield or Desert Storm
Southwest Asia theater of operations on or after August 2, 1990

For years it has been known that the Burn Pits were toxic. Some soldiers got sick a year or so after returning. Health issues are growing. Many of us know of someone who was there or have a loved one that served. They may have been exposed. Some folks already know this information but the registry was brought to my attention recently due to a sad situation.

The Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry is the next generation in VA environmental exposure registries. Unlike other more established VA registries in which you begin by going to your VA medical center and completing a survey, or completing a survey over the telephone, you can join this registry online. During the survey process, Veterans and service members are asked to answer questions about their military service, exposures, and health history. This creates a snapshot in time of the participant’s current health status. The information can be printed and shared with any health care provider.

To get the most out of the burn pit registry, Veterans can do more than just participate in the registry online. The next step is for Veterans to schedule an appointment for a free medical evaluation with a local VA provider. This service is optional, but it can help a Veteran understand any possible health problems related to their deployment. Veterans can talk to a knowledgeable health care provider about their concerns related to airborne hazards and open burn pits. The exam is specific to each Veteran and focuses on their individual health conditions and concerns. The health information from the evaluation complements the registry data to create a complete picture of the Veteran’s health status.

Follow link for the rest: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposure...uation.asp

This site has loads of information regarding Burn Pits and Exposure: https://www.vetshq.com/burn-pit-exposure/

Here is the link to the registry: https://veteran.mobilehealth.va.gov/AHBurnPitRegistry/
@Lily Thank you for this info Heartflowers Hugs

Heartflowers
Great post
Thank you. I wonder if my neighbor knows about this. He will this evening.
Were they issued respirators? and if not why not? This stinks!
(01-23-2019, 05:57 PM)Hazmat Wrote: [ -> ]Were they issued respirators? and if not why not? This stinks!

it is not just the soldier that worked burning things but also that lived near them. The soldier I know was based at a camp and he developed a bad respiratory illness. He had deployed 4 times so he lots of exposure.
(01-23-2019, 06:23 PM)Lily Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2019, 05:57 PM)Hazmat Wrote: [ -> ]Were they issued respirators? and if not why not? This stinks!

it is not just the soldier that worked burning things but also that lived near them. The soldier I know was based at a camp and he developed a bad respiratory illness. He had deployed 4 times so he lots of exposure.

Dam it, just fodder. Sad.

Don't take this the wrong way but this is mostly a fobbit issue.

So especially tell those you know whom were deployed as support or support-service.

They should know, but hey sh!t happens.
Forwarded to my veteran buddies.