The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: Boy, this fucking Trump, eh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Here we are two years in and I'm still losing friends defending this guy, not because I necessarily want to, but because those who are so against him are so frothing lunatic hysterical that their dumb comments on FB don't even make a bit of sense and are inherently hypocritical to past actions of the democratic party.

Sigh.

Without fail, I'm calm, cool, collected, logical and they never fail to resort to vulgarity and all manner of ridiculous behavior that betrays their fundamental lack of intellect and their inherent self-loathing in the form of lashing out at their own race.
(01-22-2019, 05:33 PM)The_Meridian Wrote: [ -> ]Here we are two years in and I'm still losing friends defending this guy, not because I necessarily want to, but because those who are so against him are so frothing lunatic hysterical that their dumb comments on FB don't even make a bit of sense and are inherently hypocritical to past actions of the democratic party.

Sigh.

Without fail, I'm calm, cool, collected, logical and they never fail to resort to vulgarity and all manner of ridiculous behavior that betrays their fundamental lack of intellect and their inherent self-loathing in the form of lashing out at their own race.

so its Trump's fault you have stupid liberal friends? you sound like the MSM blaming Trump 1dunno1
I feel you.

I lost my brother who has a hatred for Trump he cannot articulate or reason...Media brainwashing at its finest
I have not seen most of my old crew since...him...

Scream1 Chuckle
If you lost friends over a president trying to:

Make All Americans Great
Lower our Taxes
Fighting for border security
Trying to give our kids an opportunity that is stolen by illegals
Keeping us out of a global taxation thievery known as the Paris Accord
Keeping us out of funding the UN
Making better trade deals that benefit the USA instead of foreign interests
Ending needless wars
Making peace between N and S Korea
Ending ISIS
Cracking down on pedophiles, human trafficking and drug trafficking
Making prescription drugs more affordable for people who actually need them
And doing all this without taking a salary

If you lose friends over this...the odds are great they were not worthy of being your friends in the first place.
[Image: 3bd951dd16.jpg]
I agree wholeheartedly. My daughter hates the man and anything beyond the liberal agenda. She just turned 35 yo and I hope some day she'll come round. We eschew ANY socio-political conversation.

I have not LOST any friends but I do refrain from discussions by saying "I do not discuss politics with my friends." That is, liberal friends. I am fortunate to have many conservative thinking friends, strangely they are my age or older. Scratchinghead
Show them this post from back in September it is longer now

https://the-fringe.com/thread-as_request...plishments

Posts#1 #2 #3 for complete list. You can't argue with accomplishment.
Having seen the writing on the wall, I just abandoned FB altogether, pretty early. (Plus I'd just lost Mia/ health problems, so didn't feel like talkin anyway. Wasn't myself anymore.)
Life's too short for stupid shit and these aren't kids. They oughta know better. Sometimes I feel bad and miss my school mates (all conservatives to a one) and some of my rescue associates (about 70/30 lefty, apparently) and almost all of my friends from college, but they knew where I stood when PDJT first announced, so it was only a matter of time.

Being an odd person, I've always liked people for who they are, politics aside (and politely avoided the subject)- but apparently, people can't do that anymore. Sucks.
(I'm so glad I found this place. It's just right, as Goldilocks said.)

ps. My neighbors are still great.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5