The Fringe | Conspiracy, News, Politics, and Fun Forum!

Full Version: At what point do the details stop mattering?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whether it's simply that I've burned out on them or whether I've taken a step back, I find myself not really caring about the specifics, the details, the "ins and outs" of conspiracy theories. Or the details of most things for that matter. None of it seems that extraordinary or unusual when you zoom out and realize it's the same cycle or pendulum swinging back and forth since the beginning of civilization. Even going against the flow as we are, it all amounts to pushing a pendulum up a hill. It's just going to come down hard on that first swing and then even out like it always does.

So I find myself completely uninterested in the news, politics, and the minor fluctuations in our course as a civilization. What say you?
If you don't flip the lights on the roaches won't scatter
(01-16-2019, 11:44 PM)DougFisher Wrote: [ -> ]Whether it's simply that I've burned out on them or whether I've taken a step back, I find myself not really caring about the specifics, the details, the "ins and outs" of conspiracy theories. Or the details of most things for that matter. None of it seems that extraordinary or unusual when you zoom out and realize it's the same cycle or pendulum swinging back and forth since the beginning of civilization. Even going against the flow as we are, it all amounts to pushing a pendulum up a hill. It's just going to come down hard on that first swing and then even out like it always does.

So I find myself completely uninterested in the news, politics, and the minor fluctuations in our course as a civilization. What say you?

I’m kinda feeling the same way.. have been for awhile
(01-16-2019, 11:44 PM)DougFisher Wrote: [ -> ]Whether it's simply that I've burned out on them or whether I've taken a step back, I find myself not really caring about the specifics, the details, the "ins and outs" of conspiracy theories. Or the details of most things for that matter. None of it seems that extraordinary or unusual when you zoom out and realize it's the same cycle or pendulum swinging back and forth since the beginning of civilization. Even going against the flow as we are, it all amounts to pushing a pendulum up a hill. It's just going to come down hard on that first swing and then even out like it always does.

If you fall 7 times get up 8.
(01-16-2019, 11:45 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't flip the lights on the roaches won't scatter

Let's take your roach analogy. I know you're using it as a metaphor but let's run with it. First of all, if you have roaches it's either cuz you keep garbage / food in your house too long, leave your drains open, or your neighbors do. But let's say you collectively get everyone in the world to exterminate every last roach, wiping out the species. Best case scenario, you've left a vacuum and an opportunity for another similar species to step in and take its place. Worst case scenario you actually fuck up the incredibly delicate ecosystem / food chain for a long time...until something comes in to replace it. You might enjoy a short period of time without any bugs in your apartment and I suppose that might be worth everything to some people. I'm just sayin' in the grand scheme of things, the world ain't gonna look that much different and history will take no notice.

By no means do I mean that in an apathetic, depressing sorta way. It's actually pretty freeing. There's no need to micro manage the shit out of the universe. It's a self-correcting system and if our assertion is right that we're living in a time of...koyaanisqatsi, then we'll get an equal but opposite reaction and shit'll be fine.
(01-16-2019, 11:45 PM)FlyoverCountry Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't flip the lights on the roaches won't scatter

Lmao

I am soooo stealing that!!

With accreditation, of course.
(01-17-2019, 12:02 AM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]

Lmao

I am soooo stealing that!!

With accreditation, of course.

Too late, I already stole it Troll2

lol, that was awesome @FlyoverCountry
(01-16-2019, 11:56 PM)DougFisher Wrote: [ -> ]

Let's take your roach analogy. I know you're using it as a metaphor but let's run with it. First of all, if you have roaches it's either cuz you keep garbage / food in your house too long, leave your drains open, or your neighbors do. But let's say you collectively get everyone in the world to exterminate every last roach, wiping out the species. Best case scenario, you've left a vacuum and an opportunity for another similar species to step in and take its place. Worst case scenario you actually fuck up the incredibly delicate ecosystem / food chain for a long time...until something comes in to replace it. You might enjoy a short period of time without any bugs in your apartment and I suppose that might be worth everything to some people. I'm just sayin' in the grand scheme of things, the world ain't gonna look that much different and history will take no notice.

By no means do I mean that in an apathetic, depressing sorta way. It's actually pretty freeing. There's no need to micro manage the shit out of the universe. It's a self-correcting system and if our assertion is right that we're living in a time of...koyaanisqatsi, then we'll get an equal but opposite reaction and shit'll be fine.

I am a great believer in equilibrium myself.

CT is just an obligation I have. To always question.

To keep digging. No great mystery was ever discovered just laying around. Lmao
(01-17-2019, 12:06 AM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2019, 11:56 PM)DougFisher Wrote: [ -> ]

To keep digging. No great mystery was ever discovered just laying around.  Lmao

Part of it is just that I've reached a point that it all seems like "same shit, different conspiracy." Not just conspiracies...everything in the news. I find myself gravitating more towards the abstract. The dark depths of the human psyche never cease to amaze me, but current events are definitely starting to seem like more of the same. Even if you just look at it this current slice of American history...America has been there, done that...in predictable time periods even.

(01-17-2019, 12:10 AM)DougFisher Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2019, 12:06 AM)Frigg Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2019, 11:56 PM)DougFisher Wrote: [ -> ]Let's take your roach analogy. I know you're using it as a metaphor but let's run with it. First of all, if you have roaches it's either cuz you keep garbage / food in your house too long, leave your drains open, or your neighbors do. But let's say you collectively get everyone in the world to exterminate every last roach, wiping out the species. Best case scenario, you've left a vacuum and an opportunity for another similar species to step in and take its place. Worst case scenario you actually fuck up the incredibly delicate ecosystem / food chain for a long time...until something comes in to replace it. You might enjoy a short period of time without any bugs in your apartment and I suppose that might be worth everything to some people. I'm just sayin' in the grand scheme of things, the world ain't gonna look that much different and history will take no notice.

To keep digging. No great mystery was ever discovered just laying around.  Lmao

Part of it is just that I've reached a point that it all seems like "same shit, different conspiracy." Not just conspiracies...everything in the news. I find myself gravitating more towards the abstract. The dark depths of the human psyche never cease to amaze me, but current events are definitely starting to seem like more of the same. Even if you just look at it this current slice of American history...America has been there, done that...in predictable time periods even.

It sounds like you are a little burnt out but you could be on to something. You could be experiencing wht the millenials are experiencing and that's why they latch onto someone like AOC because in their world, anything has to be better than what they currently see and are experiencing.

Tucker Carlson has done a lot to bring out things that the millenials are experiencing and the American family as a whole and men.

I think as more and more people don't see any resolution, they will be experiencing what you are experiencing. When people see a preponderance of evidence before them yet no arrests, nothing being done, they begin to wonder what the heck is going on. Either they get very angry and activist or they retreat from it. You are retreating.
Pages: 1 2 3